Richmond gears ??

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
anybody using richmond gears ? how are they ?
any problems ? just wanted to know....

DirtyDogOfTheDesert

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've got Richmond 4:10's in my car. They are very good quality, that's why you'll often find them a little money than, FRPP, or Motive etc...

As with any gear though, it is very important to find someone that actually knows what they are doing to install them. Many mechanics say they can, but few can do it right.

Last edited:

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
i see... strange in my area i found it cheaper than FRPP ?!

i went with the 373... i hope i can hear more opinions.........

N

navbtcret

I had Richmond gears in my car and broke two teeth off the pinion gear on launch. I now have FRPP gears in the car and have had zero issues with them.

JimmyD

forum member
Reaction score
Dirty Dog is right...very few can do it right.

I went with 3.73's from 3.31's , to me I barely noticed a difference, and I was a little disappointed as far as street driving, as for the track, I never took it out with the 3.31's. I also have some noise from 40-60 mph on acceleration, and 60- 40 mph coasting. I might just go with 4.10's in the spring, ( even though I have an auto!! LOL)

Hope you enjoy the 3.73's, but most guys here will recommend 4.10's , stick or auto.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
I have used Richmond Gear hardware for 8+ years in several extreme off-road vehicles. They are the only brand gears I never broke off-road.

I do have FRPP gears in the Mustang, but that is due to Richmond not having gears available when I bought...

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
I have used Richmond Gear hardware for 8+ years in several extreme off-road vehicles. They are the only brand gears I never broke off-road.

I do have FRPP gears in the Mustang, but that is due to Richmond not having gears available when I bought...

so they have them now, buy it :idea:lol
anyhow, love your car man... & awesome quarter mile time !!!!

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
Hahahaha Thanks bro! How's your build coming?
my shortblock build is over, i got screwed by a guy who was a member on this site !
$ 4,350.00 went just like that... i dont want to think about it at all..

ill be getting the NSR cams, maybe soon after the CNC heads from livernoise, thats it....

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Damn bro, sorry to hear about the bad deal. I hate doing business with people over the internet. Face to face is the best way. Kinda hard where you are though, I know. If I was screwed $4K+, I would be on a plane looking to kick someones ass when I landed.

Let me know when you have it all put together and you have some video. I'm sure it's gonna kick ass!

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
thanks man, my cousins are studying in Cali, they tried calling the guy alot.. but no luck...

anyhow, ill update you sure on my car..

thanks again

Rangersfan

forum member
Reaction score
I'm actually running a set of Richmond gears in my car right now. They were especially built for us, and they are quiet as a church mouse's fart.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yep got motive's in mine " supposed to be strange " but never knew strange ships motive also ... go figure lol not extremely bad but i do have some noise from them

radmustangs

forum member
Reaction score
I have a new set of richmond 3.73s in stock on my website. I would let them go for $150 if anyone is interested. Or you could get them for free with a $500 dollar purchase through my rewards points system.

oman_cobra

Lethal Mustang
Reaction score
I have a new set of richmond 3.73s in stock on my website. I would let them go for $150 if anyone is interested. Or you could get them for free with a $500 dollar purchase through my rewards points system.

where were you 3 days ago ???? :wtf:

anyhow, marcspaz :popcorneat:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back