RIP 3V...Hello 2015

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
Saw ZPounds09GT's thread on his accident and it inspired me to tell the tale of my 07 GT. Almost the same thing happened to me about a month ago.

Coming down a road (coming from the direction of the red car) with a small street bisecting it and a guy in a Hyundai coupe comes flying down, runs the stop sign without slowing down and takes my front end with him.

Technically I hit him but fortunately I was only going about 5-10mph. Didn't see him coming because there were road works and barriers blocking the view but completely his fault for driving too fast in a residential area and not stopping at the stop sign. I ended up spinning 450* in the middle of the road while his momentum carried him another 30 feet with my license plate and front bumper under his wheel arch.

image4%202_zpsvtfb5sk7.jpg

image2_zpss736bevw.png

image3_zpsphjyfizv.png

image5_zpsliv3po3d.jpg

Car was totaled as the frame was all bent...
image6_zpsiorevanh.jpg

I could see it was done for so took it straight to Louie's (G.T on the forum) garage and we pulled all the aftermarket parts off and replaced them with as many stock parts as we could find.

Then went and dropped the insurance cash on a new 2015 in Guard Metallic.

image1_zpsgxzaisi7.jpg

image2_zpscyhebm5e.jpg

image3_zpsmptbsdwm.jpg

Absolutely loving the new ride. Much better interior, faster, greater potential for power mods. Lots to do to get it where I want. Got a Magnaflow Competition catback on order to cure the asthmatic exhaust noise of the stocker. FRPP rear decklid arrived yesterday along with Diode Dynamic's interior LED kit, reverse light and Anchor Room light tint for some show. Next mod will be installing the Whiteline trans bushing and an MGW Race spec to sort out the drivetrain slop.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Dang, there seems to be a treand going on here. I'd be kinda nervous if I still drove a 3V! LOL

Great looking S550, man. Congrats on the upgrade! Too bad about the accident, though. That tore up two nice rides.

Ingwe

Reaction score
Thanks mate. I know right!? Seems like we both had the accident within a week of each other too. Front end, not our faults, 3V...a lot of similarities.

Bullitt 4641

Reaction score
Sorry about your pony. Glad to see you weren't injured and your "back in the saddle", so to speak. Congrats on the new ride.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
My 3V was totalled in Feb. but I guess I missed the memo as I got into an '11. Haha.

Glad you're ok, and I'm glad to see you've upgraded! #coyoteclub

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone is updating their rides to s550's sigh

But it is a nice car man good luck

Ingwe

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Real sad to see the old girl go. As much as I love the new one the 3V was a real muscle car. I miss the brutality of it. The S550 is so refined it's more of a sports car. Need to get some suspension mods and get a bit more NVH back.

Another bummer is that i'd paid over half towards an S&H stealth turbo kit as well. Need to wait for them to design the S550 kit.

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
What the hell is going on.... second one I just read about.

My car isn't leaving my garage!!

I'm with ya, Deez! I'd have a helluva time finding Saleen bodykit parts; but if it got totaled, guess I can find another one. I like the S550; but not enough to own one. Still can't get over the bulbous, Fusion looking front end. Hoping Ford fixes that with the next model refresh.

Last edited:

ZPounds09GT

forum member
Reaction score
Love the guard green and congrats on the 5.0. I had to settle for the Ecoboost since the insurance and higher payment would have killed me while I'm in school. They do definitely feel more like sports cars than muscle cars though. I kind of like that personally but I can see why many people wouldn't.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Sweet car! My nephew has the Guard color and it's amazing.

As for your exhaust selection, I've always loved Magnaflows, so let the modding begin!!!!!

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
What Darren's gonna put magma flows on his car that he doesn't drive....

Ingwe

Reaction score
Love the guard green and congrats on the 5.0. I had to settle for the Ecoboost since the insurance and higher payment would have killed me while I'm in school. They do definitely feel more like sports cars than muscle cars though. I kind of like that personally but I can see why many people wouldn't.

Thanks mate.

Sweet car! My nephew has the Guard color and it's amazing.

As for your exhaust selection, I've always loved Magnaflows, so let the modding begin!!!!!

Cheers Darren. Interested to know what made you go auto? I thought when you went from black to silver you'd definitely switch to a manual.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Thanks mate.

Cheers Darren. Interested to know what made you go auto? I thought when you went from black to silver you'd definitely switch to a manual.

I had the MT-82 in my '13 Race Red so when I decided to trade I wanted to go AUTO. I love the auto. You can shift it like a manual or just put it in D and roll. I did drive a 2016 GT with the PP package and the MT-82 and IMO Ford really refined the shifting on the MT-82. Smooth.

Enjoy your s550, they are beautiful!:waytogo:

Ingwe

Reaction score
I had the MT-82 in my '13 Race Red so when I decided to trade I wanted to go AUTO. I love the auto. You can shift it like a manual or just put it in D and roll. I did drive a 2016 GT with the PP package and the MT-82 and IMO Ford really refined the shifting on the MT-82. Smooth.

Enjoy your s550, they are beautiful!:waytogo:

Thanks mate. Loving your Ingot.

It's not a bad shifting experience but a helluva lot better with the Whiteline transmission bushing. 2-3 shift is a breeze now.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Thanks mate. Loving your Ingot.

It's not a bad shifting experience but a helluva lot better with the Whiteline transmission bushing. 2-3 shift is a breeze now.

Invest in the MGW Race Spec shifter. WEEEEEELLLLL worth every penny!!!! If I would have ended up with the 2016 GT w/PP I would have made this my first mod.

Ingwe

Reaction score
"My name is Andrew and i'm a mod addict." :lol:

Before i'd even taken possession of the car i'd already bought some mods which arrived a couple weeks ago. Here's a run down with some comments.

JLT catch can.
image_zpsbetgymxm.jpeg

FRPP rear decklid. Identical part to stock but deletes the big chrome faux gas cap for a cleaner look.
image_zpsdmc7vphh.jpeg

Diode Dynamics interior LED kit and reverse light. Much better light output than stock. Nicer, cleaner look which helps see in the dark without straining your eyes. The reverse light is great. Got the high output bulb rather than the regular one as I plan on tinting all the lights. Definitely makes a big difference when reversing using the reverse camera in a car park or at night.

- Anchor Room tint kit. Not installed yet but comes with tints for the headlights, front corner markers, fog lights, rear lights, rear corner markers, rear reflectors and reverse light. Not installed yet. Pics to come soon.

After having the car for a week I decided I couldn't live with the asthmatic exhaust and bit the bullet on a Magnaflow 3" competition cat back. Installed the Magnaflow Competition Catback this weekend.
image_zpszz3wximl.jpeg

Looks mean and sounds great. Really deep basey rumble. Finally sounds like a mustang should. 4.5" powder coated black tips, 3" piping and x-pipe with straight through mufflers. Depending on which website/forum/manufacturer website you read, this system adds up to 30rwhp and 25rwtq but seriously doubt this is the case without a tune at the same time. Unfortunately I didn't run a before and after dyno comparison so can't actually tell what a difference the system made but, while I do notice some increase in power I doubt the claims - maybe 5-10rwhp. What I do believe is the weight savings of 30lbs. The stock system weighs a tonne and took 2 of us to carry it. I would recommend this mod just for a sound increase and weight reduction, regardless of the power increase claims.

As far as the sound, it is pretty loud. Certainly louder than my old system on the 4.6 below 4000rpm although doesn't scream like the old system above that due to the cats and lack of long tubes. There is a bit of drone on the highway so anyone looking for a droneless system shouldn't go with this one however I like a bit of drone. Reminds me i'm driving a mustang. Idle at 750rpm sounds like sex.

Installation was a pain. Myself and a friend did this in the basement of my apartment on jack stands. Took us 6 hours instead of the recommended 1.5-2hrs most vendors claim. A lift and impact gun would make this a lot easier especially for adjusting the piping to align the tips in the openings.

Installed the Whiteline transmission bushing at the same time.
image_zpsyg0xt3cp.jpeg

Doesn't come with the hole in the middle but I used a dremel to remove a small section from the middle as this supposedly reduces a tiny bit of the NVH. As far as I can tell there is no increase in NVH although there could well be, the exhaust is loud enough to cover it up.

Shifting feel has been dramatically increased! Really didn't expect it to make as much difference as it has. The 2-3 shift is greatly improved and I haven't missed a shift with vigorous shifting on Saturday/yesterday. I'd say the shifting now feels a little more direct and less 'clumsy' than it used to. More confidence inspiring. Very easy to install.

One of the most valuable lessons I learned from the last car was to be more selective of mods and with the exception of visual mods, I will only be upgrading parts where I find weaknesses. Hence the MGW shifter is next. I will also be putting the car to the test at the Autodrome road race track evening on the 30th October and will report back on brakes and stock 255 PZero All Season tyres which I already know will be weaknesses.

Ingwe

Reaction score
Invest in the MGW Race Spec shifter. WEEEEEELLLLL worth every penny!!!! If I would have ended up with the 2016 GT w/PP I would have made this my first mod.

Definitely doing that either Black Friday sale or before the end of the year at least. Had the MGW on the '07 and loved it.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like your car is a 50th appearance, did you swap out the grills? I noticed the wheels and rear taillight trim
I wonder why your install was difficult, I installed my mbrp catback in 3 hours by myself on jack stands.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back