sad to look in the classifieds

MELLOWYELLOW06

forum member
Reaction score
I personally get enjoyment out of having a highly modified mustang, that I did all of the work to(except the gears). To me that is better then having a stock 5.0.

Its nice when you are at a show, gathering, or even a gas station and people admire your car and then they ask to look under the hood, and their expression when they see what you have under there is priceless.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
even now, at 6 years old I still get looks, thumbs up, 'nice car' from inside pedestrian sedans as I or they go by. It's definitely a car that turns heads. And sure as hell, at almost every light somebody will roll up and rev their engine, it just happens. Everybody wants to beat a Mustang, I guess that makes it the most iconic car in history ?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
even now, at 6 years old I still get looks, thumbs up, 'nice car' from inside pedestrian sedans as I or they go by. It's definitely a car that turns heads. And sure as hell, at almost every light somebody will roll up and rev their engine, it just happens. Everybody wants to beat a Mustang, I guess that makes it the most iconic car in history ?

Every time I get out I have people asking me about my car and telling me it's the nicest Mustang they have ever seen, etc. I love it, most of the time. I get the occasional idiot that thinks they can tell me more about the car than I know, though. And that can get dumb.

"Did you know the ones with the Gold Pony are the fastest ones?"

"Ever drove a GT500?? Those are fast, but the Shelby's are way faster."

"I don't know why ford got rid of the 5.0 and went to a smaller, slower 4.6"

"That think looks just like a March/Mark I, I used to have a March/Mark I but it had a 429 in it" (yes, but you never bothered to actually learn the name of it)

"That's a cool car, but I'm glad Ford went back to the old 5.0, now that's an engine"

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
Every time I get out I have people asking me about my car and telling me it's the nicest Mustang they have ever seen, etc. I love it, most of the time. I get the occasional idiot that thinks they can tell me more about the car than I know, though. And that can get dumb.

"Did you know the ones with the Gold Pony are the fastest ones?"

"Ever drove a GT500?? Those are fast, but the Shelby's are way faster."

"I don't know why ford got rid of the 5.0 and went to a smaller, slower 4.6"

"That think looks just like a March/Mark I, I used to have a March/Mark I but it had a 429 in it" (yes, but you never bothered to actually learn the name of it)

"That's a cool car, but I'm glad Ford went back to the old 5.0, now that's an engine"

yea buddy, everybody has a story about a Mustang, everybody. Their dad, their brother, the rich neighbor kid. And you're right, most of their info is wrong. But the one part they do remember is it was a Mustang, it was fast, and they wish they had one then and now.

Mikes_BLK_GT

Mid-Life Crisis
Reaction score
yea buddy, everybody has a story about a Mustang, everybody. Their dad, their brother, the rich neighbor kid. And you're right, most of their info is wrong. But the one part they do remember is it was a Mustang, it was fast, and they wish they had one then and now.

Got that right :beer:

mds08

forum member
Reaction score
Love my 08 GT. I could care less if I had the new body style. It has not grown on me yet.I think the 05 to 09 body style is the best. They can't give the poor 2010 Gt's away. I feel sorry for the ones that got the 2010 year with the 4.6 v8. they got ripped a new one and didn't even get the 5.0

Last edited:

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I never get tired of thumbs up from others at a stop light, or the stares it gets when i drive by someone. I get asked alot about how much power it has. I tell them "at the tire", and I usually get the dear in the headlights look..

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Modding your car is kind of like spending money on booze - if you're doing it for the enjoyment, great. If you're doing it to try to get your money back later, you're foolish. Nothing against it, but I've just never warmed up to the new body style, especially when sitting side by side with mine.

I mod my vehicles because it's what I enjoy. Just look at my sig for what's going on now. If I tried to sell my car I might get a third of what I have in it, so I'll own it until 3 days after I die. I still own my '85 Ranger (400 HP Turbo 2.3) which is currently undergoing another 'freshening', and when it's finshed the only original parts remaining will be the frame rails. One of my tasks in the next day or two is to get photos of all my new extras to post my own garage sale.

Links?

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
I personally get enjoyment out of having a highly modified mustang, that I did all of the work to(except the gears). To me that is better then having a stock 5.0.

I need to buddy up to someone around me with a garage. so when I do decide to stop being a tight @$$ and spend some money on my car I can do the work myself............ anyone..anyone??? :beerdrink: LOL

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 2010 gt 5 speed, and I don't think I'll ever sell it. I'm one of the few who prefers the newer styling (including the rear) compared to the 05-09, but when I was looking to buy they were both so good looking it really didn't matter to me. This is the first car I've bought myself, I learned stick in it, and I'm constantly getting compliments. It doesn't have leather or anything but it's a lot of fun and when it's paid off I'm gonna have a blast modding it!

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 5.0 and traded in my other Mustang, my '97 GT convertible daily driver! My 2005 street/strip car sits clean in the garage, waiting for the next cruise, show or drag day rental! It was very hard parting with my daily driver despite it being slow as shit, pocked with paint chips, the engine bay no longer a pristine tribute to show ready, and the occasional leak during a howling rainstorm. I was torn between dumping $5000 in mechanical and engine upgrades and a $3000 paint refresh, or getting something new for the daily commute. Laura (Croft) and I went to look at a used 2008 with 14k miles to replace the '97, but one test ride in a 5.0 convinced me it was the better choice. Other than a few mods here and there, I still plan to concentrate my racing and social events in the tried and true 2005. Still bad to the bone!

Here they are:
100_1765.jpg

Last edited:

i05GT

StreetStangSociety-Pres
Reaction score
I also agree that the 05-09 body is the sexiest yet. Not comparing to retro of course. And not because I own one. But the new one is not as impressive looks wise, :2cents:... Ours just look so much meaner! :fu: BTW, any Stang can be made to beat the next, or last. Its all on how much we put in to them.

Mikes_BLK_GT

Mid-Life Crisis
Reaction score
I would buy a new one if I could have both, no way I'm trading my 06. Just put on the SC and will be upping the boost later this summer if I end blowing up my little 4.6 a B302 short block from brenspeed would be in my future and might be anyways. As far as cost Ive already got probably close to half the purchase price for it invested into it so no way I'll ever get my money back unless I can find some poor sap wants to buy it for like 40k lol

05xgt

Reaction score
Shame to see them go the way, and share the same fate as Chevy's "409 and 348". Maybe one day they will become collector pieces?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back