sad to look in the classifieds

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
and see all the 4.6 S197 parts for sale. Good for me and others who are keeping our current rides. But still, so many hopes and dreams now being turned back to stock. Maybe I get attached to the cars I have that do something to me, I dunno.

I'm glad people are buying new cars, it helps America keep jobs in the country. That 5.0 is a helluva motor, I'd love to have one. But would I give up my 05 body style ? Never, I even have plans to buy a 08-09 GT500. But I'll keep both my cars I have.I still get that tingle when I walk up on either one.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well said Ken. I feel the same way. I might be slow but i look good going slow.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
thread-sucks.gif

stang389

forum member
Reaction score
exactly i love our little 3Vs there fun dailys and just all around awesome cars!

hamish

forum member
Reaction score
Well with guys like Matt D dropping the new "coyote" between the fenders,and other slapping in 5.4L's I think in time we will all benefit.
As for now, get the deals while you can.
Fast 3v's are getting cheaper, question is how fast do you want to go?

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Just ignore Slowa$$5.0, he is always trolling, lol.

I love the new 5.0s but these little "slow" 3Vs are still fun and can hold their own against most stuff on the street. And don't take this as the jealous 3V owner that can't afford a 5.0. I have a car payment now and could sell my car tomorrow and buy a new 5.0, but I choose not to for two reasons. One, I want to get my car paid off and not extend my payments and secondly I still can't get past the rear end of the 10s and 11s. Plus, there is always going to be someone out there that is faster or that has the new next big thing. And parts are just going to continually get cheaper, just like they did with the 2Vs when the 3Vs came out. Cheap parts and good looks FTW! :highfive:

Cobra SS

forum member
Reaction score
I'll wait for the 2013 5.8 with the TVS then drop that in the 08

Zexford

forum member
Reaction score
I'm enjoying my 300ish RWHP for now. Don't want too much more for a daily driver. Plus, love this sonic blue, no other Ford color comes close to its awesomeness.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I'll wait till the 50th anniversary and cross my fingers they change the rear end, lol.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I don't know...520 to the wheels and soon to be over 550 to the wheels (thx BBR) for this little 3V keeps me happy!!! Wouldn't change it for anything.

Kidd

forum member
Reaction score

LOL.... ^^^^^ ( slow@$$5.0)

I agree Ken. It is a little sad to see all the 3v cars being put back to stock in leu of getting a new 5.0. But this has actually made me step back and think about what I really want. Originally I wanted to whipple my car. Then I wanted to stay n/a. Then I wanted to turbo my car. Then I wanted to trade it for a GT500. Then I wanted to trade it for a new 5.0 but my said " NO..... Their UGLY and cheap looking". Then she saw my buddies black 5.0 and gave me the go ahead to trade.
But after really thinking about it, it breaks my heart to think of trading my car. It was my first nice muscle car and is in all of mine and my wife's wedding pictures. Plus IMO it's the best looking mustang since 1970.
So after all of that mind changing I am back to the turbo and eventual built motor.
I drove a 5.0 with 3.31s and though it ran good, it didn't knock my socks off (maybe if it had 3.73s). And it didn't give me that giddy feeling that my car gave me the first time I drove it. So in the end I guess it may take me a little longer to get near 500hp. But when I do I will be happy with looks and power and have my sentimental bond with my car.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
and see all the 4.6 S197 parts for sale. Good for me and others who are keeping our current rides. But still, so many hopes and dreams now being turned back to stock. Maybe I get attached to the cars I have that do something to me, I dunno.

I'm glad people are buying new cars, it helps America keep jobs in the country. That 5.0 is a helluva motor, I'd love to have one. But would I give up my 05 body style ? Never, I even have plans to buy a 08-09 GT500. But I'll keep both my cars I have.I still get that tingle when I walk up on either one.

I know what you mean. Lately, I've really fell back in love with my car. Often I'll walk to the garage and just look at it and think to myself, "Damn, self (that's what I call myself), You got a nice ride"

dabad1

forum member
Reaction score
3valve trade in no way!

Hey i cant go handle the headache , & late nights with no rest buying parts &swapping parts all over again, No way i am keeping mines. Mine making 560rwhp dats enough !

Last edited:

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It took me 5 years to get my car where I want it and I'm still not done. Actually I like my car more as it gets older and wanting to retire next year this will probably the last performance car I will ever own.

SlowA$$5.0

Banned
Reaction score
LOL.... ^^^^^ ( slow@$$5.0)

I agree Ken. It is a little sad to see all the 3v cars being put back to stock in leu of getting a new 5.0. But this has actually made me step back and think about what I really want. Originally I wanted to whipple my car. Then I wanted to stay n/a. Then I wanted to turbo my car. Then I wanted to trade it for a GT500. Then I wanted to trade it for a new 5.0 but my said " NO..... Their UGLY and cheap looking". Then she saw my buddies black 5.0 and gave me the go ahead to trade.
But after really thinking about it, it breaks my heart to think of trading my car. It was my first nice muscle car and is in all of mine and my wife's wedding pictures. Plus IMO it's the best looking mustang since 1970.
So after all of that mind changing I am back to the turbo and eventual built motor.
I drove a 5.0 with 3.31s and though it ran good, it didn't knock my socks off (maybe if it had 3.73s). And it didn't give me that giddy feeling that my car gave me the first time I drove it. So in the end I guess it may take me a little longer to get near 500hp. But when I do I will be happy with looks and power and have my sentimental bond with my car.

Pics of wife?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back