Seer's 2012 GT500

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds like your dealing with a double adage sword haha. Lund tunes your car, have you talked to him or Ken B about what they recommend? Scenario one would be the easiest way basically bypassing the FPDM (Fuel Pump Drive Module) and letting th regulator control the fuel pressure but after doing some research I'm not sure myself whether that will causes issues with the PCM sensing fuel pressure or even realizing that its there without the module communicating with it. Thus the crank issues you were saying.... You should be able to delete the FPDM and FRPT out of the PCM which would omit some if those tuning related issues...
Doesn't Lethal or one of the vendors make drop in systems for the GT500 that have upgradable FPDM options or conversion to suit a larger return style system?

You can't delete it out of the 2011+ pcm, you can shut off codes but the check for the FPDM is still there. You only trigger the fpdm off of a relay in a return system, but the tuning is different in 2011+'s. The other scenario was to keep the fpdm in the loop and run a return line, but the return style pumps need to be run 100% of the time and I believe the fpdm's will burn out.

Lund and Ken were the ones who tuned my car when it went kaboom. The FPRS sensor hose did not pop off, I just said that so people wouldn't ask who tuned the car and start up a shit storm.

They actually won't touch my car anymore because I own a cardaq and they think I'm going to steal their tune files. Very paranoid people.

I actually paid for a 93 and a race gas tune, and only got a 93 tune that worked well but wasn't 100% complete. I went with AED to have a few things cleaned up in the tune afterwards but it didnt drive right with the SCJ TB, so switched back to Lund's tune. Lund and team got pissed that AED used my original file as a basis to clean up a few things, saying its not my property even though I paid for it.

I can't blame the tune for the engine melt down but I can say that they won't touch the car anymore due to paranoia lol.

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
You can't delete it out of the 2011+ pcm, you can shut off codes but the check for the FPDM is still there. You only trigger the fpdm off of a relay in a return system, but the tuning is different in 2011+'s. The other scenario was to keep the fpdm in the loop and run a return line, but the return style pumps need to be run 100% of the time and I believe the fpdm's will burn out.

Lund and Ken were the ones who tuned my car when it went kaboom. The FPRS sensor hose did not pop off, I just said that so people wouldn't ask who tuned the car and start up a shit storm.

They actually won't touch my car anymore because I own a cardaq and they think I'm going to steal their tune files. Very paranoid people.

I actually paid for a 93 and a race gas tune, and only got a 93 tune that worked well but wasn't 100% complete. I went with AED to have a few things cleaned up in the tune afterwards but it didnt drive right with the SCJ TB, so switched back to Lund's tune. Lund and team got pissed that AED used my original file as a basis to clean up a few things, saying its not my property even though I paid for it.

I can't blame the tune for the engine melt down but I can say that they won't touch the car anymore due to paranoia lol.

Lol nice. So Shaun will be doing your thing then?

And I get more of what you were saying now. Your worried about the FPDM burning up not the pump itself. I was a little confused there.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Lol nice. So Shaun will be doing your thing then?

And I get more of what you were saying now. Your worried about the FPDM burning up not the pump itself. I was a little confused there.

So, in a traditional return style system, you just run a power wire from the battery and a relay to the fpdm for key on power, but you disconnect the fpdm to the fuel hat/pumps, which now runs a return style pump, which remains at constant voltage.

In that same harness you power the new pumps directly and then you go into the tune and just shut off the fpdm trouble codes and switch it to return style. I have heard that this is not possible in the 2011+'s, but there are some work arounds, what those are I do not know.

It was suggested to me was to leave the wiring alone, other than upgrading it, and install a return style hat/pumps as well as return like, regulator etc, just like you would going return style, but leave the FPDM's on, no relays etc, and don't touch the tune at all other than driving the FPDM at 100%.

From what I am seeing is, the fpdm most likely wont like this, and if you don't feed the new return pumps the voltage they want, they will burn out.

As far as who my tuner will be, I don't know. Shaun has been extremely helpful where Lund and company have basically told me to get screwed. I still to this day, don't have a bad thing to say about them though.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I think i have this figured out in regards to how to wire this fuel system to avoid trouble codes.

You call Lethal, JPC and Fore and none of them are any help. Its like no one wants to sell anything.

Edit: JPC turned it around and was of good help.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
IMG_8042_zps8c7f6da4.jpg

Short block and throttle body have arrived.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Yeaaaa buddy

Sent from a mobile device using telephone number 727-320-3986 text capable.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Ignore the truck's LSX sticker... my friend is on the other team lol.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So did some more shopping for this build to go with the new short block. Huge Thanks to Chris (Racingtheburg) for sourcing most of these parts!

Whipple 3.4: with Crusher Inlet and a few pulleys
34crusher-b.jpg

McLeod RXT Clutch

BMR K-Member
KM020_small.jpg

JLT Super Big Air 148mm in Sterling Grey
jlt-gt500-big-air-intake-585x388.jpg

Super Cobra Jet Throttle Body
m-9926-scj_385x270.jpg

ID1000 Injectors
images

2013 GT500 8qt Oil Pan
161-m-6675-msvt.jpg

2013 GT500 Oil Pump
m5lp-1203-19-2013-Ford-Shelby-GT500-Trinity-5-8-V8.jpg

Next to come, Fore Level 3 Return Style Fuel System with dual DCSS 465 pumps.

Last edited:

Foozeh

forum member
Reaction score
What was the price on the 13 pan and pump?
My pan is a little nicked up.

Can't wait to see it back up and running!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back