Shaker500 CD

rogcat1

Reaction score
I installed a TCI ratchet shifter which required disconnecting the battery, according to the instructions. When I reconnected the battery, with the key in the "RUN" position, the shaker 500 indicated "CD ERROR" and now won't allow me to insert a CD. The unit is empty, so that is not the issue. When I push on the insert knob, the unit indicates "INITALIZING". Still cannot insert CD.:shrug:

porkipine

forum member
Reaction score
Turn everything off, then disconnect battery... Wait a few, reconnect battery... See if it works then

nawagner

forum member
Reaction score
Try pulling the radio fuse or disconnecting the battery and reconnecting with the key off. CD changer should run through the initialization sequence again and let it finish before turning on the car. I had one of the old problem prone Ford 6 disc changers in my 2002 and that's how I'd fix it.

AR Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a fix for mine without taking it to Ford and paying them for the reset from what I read online, which I refused to do. I bought an aftermarket unit and ripped open my shaker to get my cd's out. Sorry I am no help for how to correct it easily.

Back