Shelby high performance twin disc clutch

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That one is pretty new and it looks exactly like the ACE racing clutches and has identical torque specs. It is $300 cheaper than a similar ACE model from American Muscle.
It has good components and is a pretty good deal for having a sprung hub and an aluminum pressure plate.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Most of the twins are friendly driving-wise and shift easier than the stock clutch. The sprung hub will be much quieter than the standard McLeod RXT/RST clutches. The engagement will be more abrupt than an organic disc.
If I had the money, I'd give this one a try.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is a strap-driven floater plate similar to what sprung hub discs do. Can't find anything on them.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ram-80-2220s/
The McLeod twins have a strap driven floater plate and it is not at all effective at minimizing driveline noise, trust me. It sounds horrible at 1500-1800 rpms and low to medium load. Around town, I either keep it in 3rd or drive faster to avoid the noise.

RED09GT

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mantic supposedly is. That shelby one you posted may be as well. The sprung hub helps dampen vibration on the transmission input shaft and will minimize the floater plate rattle.

The floater plate rattle is really the only downside to the McLeod clutches for street driving. They are otherwise fantastic.

jolambright

forum member
Reaction score
Just saw this video where this guy states his rst makes tons of the noise and he's got the one for t56 magnum as well

I may just have to stick with my spec 2+, it's rated for almost 700hp flywheel and at least won't have to worry about low rpm noise and shutter.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Must be something with the hydraulic set up. I have an RXT in my 04 and aside from a hiss when it starts to engage its quiet. I can roll down the street under 2000rpm with no problem. And really I only hear the hiss when I'm in the garage.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back