Shifter Options for a 4r70w

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I installed on my old car a B&M Ratchet Shifter and it looked great. On this car I am shopping for a different shifter that would fit Ok on the same location the 5 speed shifter is, Anybody with a different shifter.

Pics please.
Here are some pics of my old set-up
CIMG1355.jpg

PAXSHIFTERGAUGES.jpg

PAXSHIFTER.jpg

I liked this set-up, but we were never able to make my reverse light work.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
I'll be having a 4r70w shortly as well, let me know what you come up with SilverPoison. I don't know if I'd like not having reverse lights.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'll be having a 4r70w shortly as well, let me know what you come up with SilverPoison. I don't know if I'd like not having reverse lights.

I will, anyways is getting done at the same place, They were going to find out how to do i, they know how to with the Hammer shifter though.......

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've seen the hammer and the pro ratchet shifter, However the Hammer doesnt' look that great!!

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
with the Pro Ratchet, how do you get into park, reverse, and neutral? (sorry, never used one of them before) If you don't mind, I'd like to check yours out (maybe ride along with you, or just see how it works with the car turned off) before I have mine done.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
with the Pro Ratchet, how do you get into park, reverse, and neutral? (sorry, never used one of them before) If you don't mind, I'd like to check yours out (maybe ride along with you, or just see how it works with the car turned off) before I have mine done.

lol... the pics above are from the old car (RIP), I'll do the swap very soon on Feb.

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
ah, ok then :) We'll probably be in there about the same time then. How does the shifter work though, getting into park, reverse, and neutral? I assume the red lever is some sort of safety lock, that has to be pulled to get into park or reverse?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back