Sketchbook Pro 6 Users??? Please help!

06Torch

forum member
Reaction score
I just bought it and I'm using it with a Wacom graphics tablet. The Pen & Touch one, I think.

Anyway, here's the problem:
I'm sketching and the lines are "off" because they're not as smooth and controlled as the ones I see on YouTube. I've made identical settings to the pencils/brushes and still bad. It also feels like there's some sort of disconnect between my hand, the pencils/brushes, and what's on the screen.

So, after watching endless vids on how to create nice clean, dark, smooth brushes, etc... I finally become frustrated and I perform my own test. I take a DVD, place it on the graphics tablet, and trace the inside circle. I'm shocked to see a perfect oval!!! It's not a circle but an oval. The oval is pretty wide, not a slightly.

The image is perfect. There appears to be no distortion in my screen when viewing anything online. Even within the program, the color and brush pucks are perfectly round. It's only when I go to sketch something that it produces a distorted image, line, etc... And yes, the oval tool is "OFF".

I'm hoping it's just a setting I've overlooked.

Admittedly, I am very green to all of this. So, I'm hoping someone can chime in and say "this" or "that may need to be adjusted" or "try to blah, blah, blah, it's a common problem with this or that..." If I had to guess, I'd say it's the tablet.
Thanks all,

Gerardo

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back