Slave cylinder bleed for 2011

GTmike

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Folks!
Was wondering if anyone knows how to bleed the clutch Slave. Please post up any info ...thanks.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Folks!
Was wondering if anyone knows how to bleed the clutch Slave. Please post up any info ...thanks.
according tot eh ford techs... the system has to be vacuumed out... then new fluid put in... thats fords way of bleeding it.. there isnt a bleeder valve i was told.

partsbill

forum member
Reaction score
according tot eh ford techs... the system has to be vacuumed out... then new fluid put in... thats fords way of bleeding it.. there isnt a bleeder valve i was told.

their right.

Attachments

• www.fordtechservice.de...WSBB - SBB80004.pdf
    40.5 KB · Views: 67

carbd86gt

Lethal Performance
Reaction score
In our car, I just pumped the pedal a million times. No vacuum bleeding necessary, and the clutch works great.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Pull a vacumm on the master cylinder and pump the pedal a few times inbetween. There is no bleeder on the slave cylinder.

JJ

steveespo

forum member
Reaction score
That was a good post. I plan on changing my brake fluid this weekend and was worried about clutch bleeding procedure.
Thanks guys

luillo

forum member
Reaction score
Pull a vacumm on the master cylinder and pump the pedal a few times inbetween. There is no bleeder on the slave cylinder.

JJ

what about the actual slave?? you dont have to prime it or fill it up with some fluid??? Or just install it and do that then??

chuck@evoperform

Boss surgeon
Official Vendor
Reaction score
You can do it by pulling a vacuum on the resevoir for a minute or so, remove vac and pump pedal about 20 times. Pull vac again, remove, pump. Do this til pedal feels nice and good.

Or you can just pump the hell out of the pedal until all (hopefully) the air eventually works its way out.

When installing a new slave, you can either install it dry, or what I like to do is to compress the slave, put the line from the slave into a bottle of brake fluid (always use a fresh unopend bottle when adding fluid to system), the release the slave so that it sucks up brake fluid keeping the line in the fluid. Install it into the trans, then when you are putting the trans back in the car, before you seat the transmission to the block, with about 1.5 to 2 inches between block and tranny, reconnect the hydraulic line to the slave, that way when you seat the tranny, it helps force air in the line back up into the resevoir. Then just pull vacuum on the resevoir and you are pretty much good.

I made a "bleeding cap" from an old shelby brake fluid resevoir (one of the aluminum ones) and dripping and tapping it for a 1/8" npt nipple and using a vacuum brake bleeding tool to pull vacuum.

Also, I made myself a handy plug for capping the hydraulic line when i remove the tranny by taking an old slave cylinder, cutting the connector off the line, and crimping the cut end. When taking the tranny out, disconnect the line, pop your clip back in, put your plug in, and there you go, no half quart of brake fluid dripping all over the place until the level drops in the resevoir.

Last edited:

GTmike

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys...hoping this helps some of my clunky shiftin issues.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
my black 2011 m6 had 0 trans issues... shifted perfect every time.. i just went thru all the clutch and clutch pedal bs.

GTmike

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah....mines been in for rough shift garbage. They did the fluid swap and bled the slave. Much better but I wanted to know how to do this myself. Got the mod bug...don't want to go crazy as I'm in Cali. but hesitant till I know my trans is good.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back