So my friend with a 2010 Z06 challenged me...

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
Not so sure. If my math is right, his Z06 may not even be the faster car. Power to weight ratio of both cars is almost the same if you factor in my shot, with the exception I'll make gobs more torque.

Gearing is also on my side.

Have you seen what the front of our car looks like? Not exactly a brick, but it would be compared to that vette.

Hold up, I just looked it up. You've got to be talking about faster in the 1/4 mile cause you can't be talking about overall top speed.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
^ Just put a cork in it bro we all know what I am talking about, it's common sense, and we all know both of these cars are legit, that's why there is an argument. I have tons of respect for both of these cars.

OP you may be right man the nitrous does add a ton of tq which the z06 will be lacking compared to you. The z06 is definitely a top end car

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
^ Just put a cork in it bro we all know what I am talking about, it's common sense, and we all know both of these cars are legit, that's why there is an argument. I have tons of respect for both of these cars.

OP you may be right man the nitrous does add a ton of tq which the z06 will be lacking compared to you. The z06 is definitely a top end car

Are you Seer? If not, stfu. I asked him what he was talking about.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Have you seen what the front of our car looks like? Not exactly a brick, but it would be compared to that vette.

Hold up, I just looked it up. You've got to be talking about faster in the 1/4 mile cause you can't be talking about overall top speed.

the original topic is talking about a drag race, that ends at the 1320' marker.

We're not going for a top speed run.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Well you must be the only dumbass that doesn't know what's going on. Seer good luck with the race! May the "quickest" car win LOL

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well you must be the only dumbass that doesn't know what's going on. Seer good luck with the race! May the "quickest" car win LOL

Do you have any track times or do you just like to roll race......yo

Bmr4life

2005 GT
Reaction score
thanks. I feel confident I'll rock him

I agree. It should bit a shit load easier for you to get a good launch. Like someone else said earlier, I'd try to beat them NA. Have the gas on, but only use it if you need to.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Fuck that. Make it a slaughter. Spray him out of the hole and don't look back until you're through the traps. LOL

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Fuck that. Make it a slaughter. Spray him out of the hole and don't look back until you're through the traps. LOL
thats the plan. Just have to get creative with the window switch

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
thats the plan. Just have to get creative with the window switch

No need for creativity if you use the WOTBOX with the window switch option. Push in the clutch and mash the gas off the line, it will 2 step til desired RPM. Once you let off the clutch it will kick in the nitrous provided you are in the window RPM range.

bmaxwell

BÆST
Reaction score
Do you have any track times or do you just like to roll race......yo

Yea guy as a matter of fact I do. 11.90 @ 120... 446whp, street tires. And I do like to roll race or dig race on the street, it's whatever to me. All drag racing does at the strip is fuck your car up....yo

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
thanks. I feel confident I'll rock him

If I were you I wouldn't be to sure of myself. Just looking at advertised weights your car is about 500 lbs heavier and with nitrous assuming a 100 shot will make about the same power as a bone stock ZO6. Here in Houston it is common to see stock ZO6's run 11.20's for a good driver to 11.50's for a bad driver with trap speeds in the 123-125 range on stock tires, in addition I have seen a stock car run in the high 10's on drag radials. My prediction is N/A you dont stand a chance and with nitrous it will be close but if he can drive you will still have to be on top of your game to come out on top. Either way good luck and have fun.

Last edited:

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
If I were you I wouldn't be to sure of myself. Just looking at advertised weights your car is about 500 lbs heavier and with nitrous assuming a 100 shot will make about the same power as a bone stock ZO6. Here in Houston it is common to see stock ZO6's run 11.20's for a good driver to 11.50's for a bad driver with trap speeds in the 123-125 range on stock tires, in addition I have seen a stock car run in the high 10's on drag radials. My prediction is N/A you dont stand a chance and with nitrous it will be close but if he can drive you will still have to be on top of your game to come out on top. Either way good luck and have fun.

^^^ have you read the whole thread? This guy has never been at the track. I've seen experienced (not good) drivers here run z06s into the low 12s but no better. Their 60s are killing them because they don't have any traction.

You'll take him on motor more than likely. You'll slaughter him on juice

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
^^^ have you read the whole thread? This guy has never been at the track. I've seen experienced (not good) drivers here run z06s into the low 12s but no better. Their 60s are killing them because they don't have any traction.

You'll take him on motor more than likely. You'll slaughter him on juice

Yes I read the whole thread, and from that I got ZO6 on drag radials with a few mods and weighs 500 lbs less than the Stang which on the bottle will make about the same power. All of which to me equals the Vette coming out on top. I am a Ford guy, I own a couple of Mustangs, have never and most likely will never own a Chevy, but I can still admit that a ZO6 is not only fast, it is also very quick and with a decent driver will not be easy for him to beat even with nitrous. Certainly the Mustang can win but it likely won't be a blowout like some of you guys seem to think.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

HUH? With nitrous I'm well into the 500's at the wheels (which is well above a stock Z06) with most likely high 500s in torque. Where are you getting your figures?

NA I dynoed 415rwhp.

The car in question that I am running has dynoed around 490rwhp.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
HUH? With nitrous I'm well into the 500's at the wheels (which is well above a stock Z06) with most likely high 500s in torque. Where are you getting your figures?

NA I dynoed 415rwhp.

The car in question that I am running has dynoed around 490rwhp.

Just throwing this out there, but, that Z06 with driver is probably no more than 3300lbs. Whereas your car is most likely in the 3700-3800 range. 400-500lbs is a lot to make up.

Granted, if he has zero experience, you can probably beat him. However, I guarantee you won't beat a Stock Z with a GOOD driver on Motor, let alone rock one with juice that has a few bolt-ons and makes sub 500 RWHP.

Just get it on video man. We all know what a Vette can do, it depends on the driver. If you beat this Vette, doesn't mean you will beat a well driven Vette.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back