So what do you use to get Tire rubber / Tar off with?

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
I don't mean just a little bt, I mean after a track event where you were trying to be John F Force.

I have been told to use WD40 and it works great, just takes alot.

What else it out there that won't hurt the paint?

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WD40 if its already on the car. you gotta do some scrubbing but it melts the rubber sorta and makes it tons easier to get off. this year im gonig to try to prevent it with the geddex (sp) burnout guard and jsut spray the rear of the car down. its water soluable so it washes wit hte rubber right off the paint

jkust wash the WD40 off when your done. also the guys at Zaino told me that it doesnt remove wax but i think it does so jsut wash it off and rewax the spot when your done

MikeVistaBlue06

Inventor: Asshole Points
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
That orange smelling shit works good too. I think it is called Goo Gone or Orange Solve. Just be sure to get the stuff that is transparent and not the stuff you use on your hands that has grit in it! :D

Mike

DynoJoe

cleaning out your closet
Reaction score
94tbird said:
WD40 if its already on the car. you gotta do some scrubbing but it melts the rubber sorta and makes it tons easier to get off. this year im gonig to try to prevent it with the geddex (sp) burnout guard and jsut spray the rear of the car down. its water soluable so it washes wit hte rubber right off the paint

jkust wash the WD40 off when your done. also the guys at Zaino told me that it doesnt remove wax but i think it does so jsut wash it off and rewax the spot when your done

I have tried the geddex, it works okay for a small bit, but not for a good amount. You still have to scrub it pretty good and also it loks like it turns that part of my fenders a "greenish" color.

Their Window chalk is awsome though.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
try the WD40. it has worked for me

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If Geddex Burnout Guard is applied in 2 coats 15 minutes apart it should be able to handle any amount of rubber you can throw at it.
When I forget to bring it with me I use the Turtle Wax bug and tar remover in the pump spray not the aerosol.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
good idea peter! and welcome to the site!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I never heard of the Geddex but I'll look for it before I go to the track again.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
DynoJoe said:
I have tried the geddex, it works okay for a small bit, but not for a good amount. You still have to scrub it pretty good and also it loks like it turns that part of my fenders a "greenish" color.

Their Window chalk is awsome though.
I agree... the Geddex burnout gaurd is OK, but wasn't great. The window chalk however is second to none! You can wipe it off with a dry kleenex!

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try Gummout. Yeah, the same stuff you use to clean out throttle bodies. That stuff is wonderful. I can clean the 3M underbody coating out of the grooves in my finger with that stuff....and it wipes the road goo right off without hard work, and its never hurt my paint...I used it on my '97 Viper GTS (Blue/White stripes), my '99 C5 Vette (yes, I once owned a GM product!), and on this here Sheila-car. Try it!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Try Gummout. Yeah, the same stuff you use to clean out throttle bodies. That stuff is wonderful. I can clean the 3M underbody coating out of the grooves in my finger with that stuff....and it wipes the road goo right off without hard work, and its never hurt my paint...I used it on my '97 Viper GTS (Blue/White stripes), my '99 C5 Vette (yes, I once owned a GM product!), and on this here Sheila-car. Try it!

Won't that take the wax off too?

hoboattacker

Reaction score
If Geddex Burnout Guard is applied in 2 coats 15 minutes apart it should be able to handle any amount of rubber you can throw at it.
When I forget to bring it with me I use the Turtle Wax bug and tar remover in the pump spray not the aerosol.

+1 on the Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover. Works very well. I also actually used the Turtle Wax on the adhesive that was left on my car after removing my spoiler (little off topic, but I think it kinda fits...sorta).

G

gray ghost

I use the Turtle Wax Bug and Tar remover also . It works great

Larry_H

Custom Motors Built
Reaction score
Put some Vasoline on a towel and wipe over the area while it is clean. Then the rubber won't stick. Just take a towel and wipe it all off.

donnyonee

forum member
Reaction score
i guess i'll come thru on this one.
the trick with the wd40 is to spray your fenders before making your runs and then use it afterwards with a soft towel.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back