So you're telling me it weighs the same as a C7???

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Had my car corner balanced today- total weight is interesting. It's lighter than I figured, and that's cool.

Total weight is 3465 without me in it, 50% cross weight, 55/45 F/R split.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Don't see it as unbelievable, my car is 3350 without me in it.
Good to know the corner weight stuff though!

Swine

forum member
Reaction score
Whats your weight reduction? Between your wheels/tires/coilovers you are sitting at alteast 50lbs lighter. Anything else?

NoTicket

forum member
Reaction score
So ~3520 with a full tank. Good to know that minimal mods can drop a full 110ish lbs off the car.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
And assuming dog-rings and straight-cut gears, how many semolians will THAT little beastie be, I wonder...

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
probably about the same as what my car is worth?

Okay, a little exercise of the google-fu later, I have some rough "throw a dart" numbers... Assuming you already have a T-56 or TR6060, to do it right, the gear set will run around $7K (dog-face, helical cut), and about another $800 for the shifter. Call it $8500 by the time you pay shipping, assembly, etc. In comparison, a new BOSSR1 trans (close ratio T56) runs around $5500, and going the other way, a complete AV8SC box is around $25,000...

Okay, I'll admit, I want a sequential/dog box, but not THAT bad!!

The supercar setup is pretty trick, though, weighing in at less than 120lbs, and offering an ignition-cut for no-lift upshifts, and you can also fit it with a clutch-pedal sensor for downshifts, as well... Oh, and that's a complete transaxle, so it might be mated "fairly" simply to the 2015+ IRS setup.

csamsh

forum member
Reaction score
Okay, a little exercise of the google-fu later, I have some rough "throw a dart" numbers... Assuming you already have a T-56 or TR6060, to do it right, the gear set will run around $7K (dog-face, helical cut), and about another $800 for the shifter. Call it $8500 by the time you pay shipping, assembly, etc. In comparison, a new BOSSR1 trans (close ratio T56) runs around $5500, and going the other way, a complete AV8SC box is around $25,000...

Okay, I'll admit, I want a sequential/dog box, but not THAT bad!!

The supercar setup is pretty trick, though, weighing in at less than 120lbs, and offering an ignition-cut for no-lift upshifts, and you can also fit it with a clutch-pedal sensor for downshifts, as well... Oh, and that's a complete transaxle, so it might be mated "fairly" simply to the 2015+ IRS setup.

well a man can dream

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Under-car-view-of-Albins-ST6-Transaxle.jpg

'Nuff said...

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Saw pictures of a sequential tr6060 from PRI....

Actually, the Tremec guy we work with was the developer for that box. It was on display in the Pfitzner booth at PRI.

And for a real competition car you can't imagine how much time you save with a real gearbox. We are putting a sequential box in our Pikes Peak car for this year and have another rally car project just getting started that is slated to use either an Albins AWD transaxle or a Sadev rally-raid box. Spoke to both suppliers for the boxes at PRI this weekend.

But for a street car, or a dual purpose car, they are noisy and violent. If they are mistreated they will require more frequent rebuilds. Fortunately they are inexpensive to service unless you tear up a mainshaft or an integrated gear.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Saw pictures of a sequential tr6060 from PRI....

20131213_125542-M.jpg

That would have been the Pfitzner dog ring sequential shift Tremec 6 speed. It only costs $18-20K (?!) and it still needs a standard clutch (used for starting from a stop and little else). Not a street transmission, but damned nice. I spent about an hour talking to the rep there from Australia. Neat stuff...

20131214_092800-M.jpg

We looked at some crazy shiznat at PRI, as one of our customers is trying to get a sequential trans in her Pikes Peak car. It is easy to spend $40 grand on a good clutchless semi-auto, but I think she settled on a $10K dog box sequential shifted trans.

DSC_1356-M.jpg

After spending nearly 2 years with a DSG equipped EVO X, these are the future of transmissions. The factory equipped DSG/semi-auto transmissions that come in Porsche, VW, BMW and a few others are very nice, and those can be the best of both an automatic and a super fast semi-auto. Unfortunately that technology is very expensive, complicated and retrofits into other cars for street use is a ways off - unless you have truckloads of cash. :yuck:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back