Spec Stage 2+

twojustins

Slow as turtle christmas
Reaction score
How many of you kids are running this clutch or something like it? I had one in my 04 cobra and it was decent. I need something somewhat streetable.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A few guys here run Spec. In my experience, the hydraulic clutch systems in these cars favor clutches with stock like diaphragm pressure. These would be twin discs and others like the Roush/Exeedy.

Also, I am fairly sure I know who you are but others may not. You could introduce yourself to the forum in the "new members" section.

:hi:

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
The new Spec 3+ with the low pedal requirement has pedal pressure very close to stock. That's what I've got in mine.

Stay away from the 2 or 2+ though, too many problems reported with those.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A few guys here run Spec. In my experience, the hydraulic clutch systems in these cars favor clutches with stock like diaphragm pressure. These would be twin discs and others like the Roush/Exeedy.

Also, I am fairly sure I know who you are but others may not. You could introduce yourself to the forum in the "new members" section.

:hi:

what do you know...you have an auto.... :poke:

3+ or go home... DO NOT GO 2+, they have proven not to handle the weight of our cars well. The 3+ is a proven winner

twojustins

Slow as turtle christmas
Reaction score
what do you know...you have an auto.... :poke:

3+ or go home... DO NOT GO 2+, they have proven not to handle the weight of our cars well. The 3+ is a proven winner

And its streetable? If it was just me putting around all the time I could care less- its those damn passengers that get me. :dunce:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The Spec2+ is a POS. I tried two and finally went back to a stocker. Myself, Ford and my tuning shop could never get it to disengage properly, and all tech support would say was it wasn't properly bled. BS. The 3+ has a very good rep though...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
And its streetable? If it was just me putting around all the time I could care less- its those damn passengers that get me. :dunce:

mine broke in after 400 miles and was easy to drive at 500. IMHO very streetable... I use my Vert as a grocery getter on the weekends when it's nice

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
I agree with everyone one else, stay away from the Spec 2 and 2+. I have the Ram Powergrip HD and it works great. It's a little stiffer than stock, no chatter, and requires zero break-in.

KDT

forum member
Reaction score
I just got finished putting an Exedy Mach 600 in mine. I also put a JPC Hydraulic line in along with a new take off OEM flywheel. The pedal is a little stiffer than stock but surprisingly light for such a high torque rated single disk clutch. The engagement is very solid. This clutch is very streetable. I only have about 50 miles on it but so far I couldn't be happier.

twojustins

Slow as turtle christmas
Reaction score
The Spec2+ is a POS. I tried two and finally went back to a stocker. Myself, Ford and my tuning shop could never get it to disengage properly, and all tech support would say was it wasn't properly bled. BS. The 3+ has a very good rep though...
good gawd that sounds like a nightmare. sounds like 3+ is the way to go unless there's a better one out there.... I'm just going with what I know and have had in the past.

mac10chap

The bouncy tits guy...
Reaction score
The new Spec 3+ with the low pedal requirement has pedal pressure very close to stock. That's what I've got in mine.

Stay away from the 2 or 2+ though, too many problems reported with those.

what is this? I am pretty sure my Spec 3+ has no low pedal pressure. Is this something that can be added to my current clutch or will I have to buy a new one?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what is this? I am pretty sure my Spec 3+ has no low pedal pressure. Is this something that can be added to my current clutch or will I have to buy a new one?

from what Spec told the shop I got mine done at (2yrs ago) all the 3+ have the LPE option from the factory. I doubt you could add it.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
I thought all you had to do to get the low pedal is to order it with the low pedal requirement($125 extra). I think all they do is include a pilot bearing ? I'd like to know for sure too though.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back