Sportbikes

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I am obsessed with street bikes. I have been riding over 3 years now and love it, despite the terrible Florida drivers. Just have to respect the power, pay attention and assume nobody sees you and they are out to get ya! lol.

Here is my newest bike. Bought her brand new on 3/14/12. After the test ride I took her home with 4 miles on the clock.

Here are a bunch of pictures of my 2012 cbr1000rr.
Sitting on the showroom floor

Bought a RAM mount to put my iPhone4s on there back in the day, now that I have a I need to buy a new cradle to hold my phone. Everything else still works.

Tear down for the install for my Full Akrapovic exhaust. Put it on at 2000 miles.

Old shot, but I thought it was kind of cool

More recent ones

Past 14,000 miles. Wanted to do some more modding

Unfortunately the clutch cable frayed and was on the verge of snapping. Managed to make it last till I got home but clutch less upshifting(which I always do anyways) but had to clutch less downshift as well. Luckily it was smooth and I didn't f anything up..

Bought a new one, but took Honda 5 days for them to receive it.

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I miss riding. It's even worse when the weather gets nicer and i start hearing and seeing bikes all over the place. Unfortunately none of my friends ride anymore so i don't have a bike to borrow to get my fix. I've had two R1s and a ZX10R.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Nice bike! I have had my clutch cable actually snap on me while i was riding. Rolled into a parking lot, found the problem and got luck and made it home. I hit 4 green lights in a row, one was close though, lol, and pretty much stayed in 2nd gear. It is weird driving without the ability to pull the clutch. Now I keep a close eye on it, lol.

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
I never lost a clutch cable fortunately. Once i was moving though i mostly shifted clucthless.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Nice bike, man! Your garage looks like mine did 10 years ago, before I settled down and got married...full of toys! Enjoy it while you can.

I used to be big time into sportbikes a few years back. I was even a control rider (instructor) for NESBA, a nationwide club that rents out tracks for track days. If you haven't done a track day yet, put it on your list of "things to do in 2014."

Here's a few pics of my old bikes before I sold them. Your bike might as well be a moto GP bike compared to my old rides! LOL

Yamaha R6 Track bike:

Rrrightside.jpg

R6leftquarterfront.jpg

My CBR60RR for the street:

Pictures215.jpg

Pictures205.jpg

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
My bike was my obsession before I got the mustang. Put quite a bit of time and money into it. Its an 07 SV650. Here it is pretty much stock.

Here she is during a mod session in the winter months (bike on the right was my first bike that my girlfriend and her brother bought off me to give to their dad for fathers day)

here she is after all that was done

how she sits now

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
My first R1 was a streetfighter similar to that SV. I used to have a ton of pictures. It was a 99' so the frame and swingarm were bare aluminum. I tore it completely done and had the frame and swingarm powder coated a wrinkle black similar to the newer R1s. I had a couple people ask if it was a ducati. They obvious didn't know much about bikes haha.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Feel free to check out the rest of my photobucket. I have TONS of pics on there throughout most of the mod process. Only thing that kinda stinks about the SV650 is you can't add much power without risking the block. I did however change the springs up front and put a Penske on the back.

Here is a little ride I did with my buddy through the blue hills. Kinda crappy quality but its the non-HD version of the go-pro.

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I miss riding. It's even worse when the weather gets nicer and i start hearing and seeing bikes all over the place. Unfortunately none of my friends ride anymore so i don't have a bike to borrow to get my fix. I've had two R1s and a ZX10R.

Yeah man, the days my bike was down with a busted clutch cable it was so nice out! It was depressing, the mustang and cbr both out of commission.. Yeah, when I first got my bike, after that everyone got bikes. We had a close group of friends that rode daily, did bike nights and events, back road curves etc but everyone ended up selling their bikes for other toys or just couldn't afford them anymore.

Nice bike! I have had my clutch cable actually snap on me while i was riding. Rolled into a parking lot, found the problem and got luck and made it home. I hit 4 green lights in a row, one was close though, lol, and pretty much stayed in 2nd gear. It is weird driving without the ability to pull the clutch. Now I keep a close eye on it, lol.

Yeah bro, my first bike did too. Its all good if your already moving- just hope you don't have to stop lol. I usually clutch less shift up, but I had no choice but to downshift without a clutch too. I was like, well I have no choice- go for it. Went smooth and felt natural. No jerks, no noises nothing, felt as if I was using clutch. That smooth.

I never lost a clutch cable fortunately. Once i was moving though i mostly shifted clucthless.
Yeah, 90% of the time I clutch less shift. Depends on my mood I guess lol

Nice bike, man! Your garage looks like mine did 10 years ago, before I settled down and got married...full of toys! Enjoy it while you can.

I used to be big time into sportbikes a few years back. I was even a control rider (instructor) for NESBA, a nationwide club that rents out tracks for track days. If you haven't done a track day yet, put it on your list of "things to do in 2014."

Here's a few pics of my old bikes before I sold them. Your bike might as well be a moto GP bike compared to my old rides! LOL

Yamaha R6 Track bike:

My CBR60RR for the street:
Thats awesome bro, I'd love to teach a class or something on the side. Only toys I have are the 2012 cbr 1000rr and the 06 mustang gt. The 07 Harley and 79 firebird are my fathers. That 79 firebird is all original and only has 90k on the clock. My father is the one and only owner. He said when he gets a bit older and is done with it, it will be mine. Yeah I gotta get the toys in now before real life hits. Currently 25 years of age and engaged. Luckily my fiancé is into mustangs and bikes. She wants to get a 05-09 GT and a sport bike. She said "I will never make you sell either of your babies, I will be right there with you with my own."

My bike was my obsession before I got the mustang. Put quite a bit of time and money into it. Its an 07 SV650. Here it is pretty much stock.

Here she is during a mod session in the winter months (bike on the right was my first bike that my girlfriend and her brother bought off me to give to their dad for fathers day)

here she is after all that was done

how she sits now
I like it bro! Well done man.

My first R1 was a streetfighter similar to that SV. I used to have a ton of pictures. It was a 99' so the frame and swingarm were bare aluminum. I tore it completely done and had the frame and swingarm powder coated a wrinkle black similar to the newer R1s. I had a couple people ask if it was a ducati. They obvious didn't know much about bikes haha.

Man if you ever come across some, shoot um this way. Thread will be here hopefully for others to post as well.

Thanks guys. Feel free to check out the rest of my photobucket. I have TONS of pics on there throughout most of the mod process. Only thing that kinda stinks about the SV650 is you can't add much power without risking the block. I did however change the springs up front and put a Penske on the back.

Here is a little ride I did with my buddy through the blue hills. Kinda crappy quality but its the non-HD version of the go-pro.

Will do man! I'll give it a look!

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice bike man! I really couldn't imagine modifying a bike I mean they are fast as shit already. I guess I haven't gotten one because I would probably do stupid shit and kill myself lol.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Nice bike man! I really couldn't imagine modifying a bike I mean they are fast as shit already. I guess I haven't gotten one because I would probably do stupid shit and kill myself lol.

just get something that isn't as easy to do stupid shit on! The bike I have (SV650) tops out at about 125 before it runs out of steam. Its very forgiving in turns and an absolute blast to ride. Its powerful enough to do wheelies but not so much at higher speeds, so you won't be doing any 90mph wheelies (besides, with the way the oil pickup is its bad for the motor). There are tons of bikes out there that are similar too. Of course every bike has its risks but some bikes are incapable of making the bigger ones.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score

I had me an ugly busa for a while and liked to ride it but sadly sold it in November. Quite a few mods and helped solve the adrenaline addiction.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I had me an ugly busa for a while and liked to ride it but sadly sold it in November. Quite a few mods and helped solve the adrenaline addiction.

glad you said it, because every time I see one thats what I think. lol. They are beasts but god they are ugly...

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Haha clearly the ugliest of bikes but I am a rather large guy (255 lbs)so couldn't see myself on a smaller bike.

I am jealous of you guys that get to ride often as it is a lot of fun. I didn't know anyone else with a bike so I would just ride by myself but I could see how being in a group could make the rides last much longer.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
join a bike forum. Thats how I found people to ride with. Riding with friends is much more fun, especially if you have a communication system.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
I came up riding sports bikes, these days more into sport-touring bikes. I've toured all over the Western US and Canada. My '05 Honda ST1300 has over 126,000 miles on it. This shot was taken locally on Mulholland highway.

Attachments

• _SPH5357-Edit.jpg
    _SPH5357-Edit.jpg
    490.4 KB · Views: 12

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back