stalling issue thread #3

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
ok so, im thinking it might be the relay, i played around for a minute with it. i found slme weird things. it will maintain fuel line pressure even when cranking it with the relay pulled. and when i leave it running and pull the relay it dies exactly the same way and sound. im waitinf for it to die while letting idle then i will swap jt with the high beam and see what happens. hopefully thats it although im feeling it may be that finally....

i also dis check all the grounds and they were very snug.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i am mad and happy if thats it. mad cause i dunped a lot into parts that were ok and happy cause its only 5 bucks. i couldnt get it to stall again and swap the relays to see if it is that case or not. so tomorrow i will try again and the day after that.

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
ok so today, was letting it idle to see if it failed, first started it with the possible bad relay and it died. swapped it once it died with a good relay, it fired up, so i swapped the bad relay back in and it fired up.... so i waited for it to die again swapped them again.

i may or may not have possible lost track of the bad relay as i put what i thought was a good relay in it from the high beams and it deid again. so i took the two that i kept swapping back and forth and put them in the high beam and fog light spot and have the foglight relay in the fuel pump slot.

so i'm waiting to try this later today and see if it fails. i don't think the relays are bad at this point but in the slight of chance that i mixed them up i'm going to try one last time. if it still dies i have no idea where to go from there. i'll check the spark plugs and see about a possible loading issue but i really don't think thats it.

also there is no engine code and no rapid blinking cel light. the cel comes on but goes away once started just like if you had it in the key on position.

looks like i really might possibly be racing back to square one again.

should the bec wiggle at all? i checked the three bolts going through the top of it and they're nice a snug but it still has a little wiggle room.

Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
pulled a plug immidiatley after it died sob was a bit warm lol.

anywho doesnt look bad for a 40k mile plug.

i also checked the bec, it's has a wiggle but looks like thats how it should be considering its held down by two clips. the connectors also looked fine.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    593.6 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
i had moved around the pcm power relays and the car seemed to have stopped stalling, well today it's doing it all over again.

it's getting really close to the time where i just start parting the car out to stock and picking up another 05-09

06silverbullet

forum member
Reaction score
so was working on the car letting it idle trying to see if i could continue to narrow it down to the pcm for sure. well i turned the ac on and the damn thing is not spinning i assume the clutch went out as it started to make the belt smoke. so thats gonna be another item to repair.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back