Steeda Light Weight Radiator Support 555- 5075

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hoping you can help me out. Had hip surgery late in January and I am having difficulty determining the correct size of the 4 nuts that hold the sway bar on. It is still a challenge for me to get up and down from under the car to the tool box and I believe I have tried the following without success - 15mm to small, 16mm can't remember if to big or to small, 17mm to big, 9/16 to small and 5/8 to big. Can you help, what size should the acorn nuts be?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
The stock ones are 15mm. I just reinstalled my stock radiator support and sway bar a couple hours ago. Are you using a deep socket?

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian, I know that OEM ones are 15mm but I am sure the Steeda nuts are not. Having said that I always tried to put the box end of wrench on one of the nuts guess I should try and put the open end on just to be sure. They are Nyloc nuts, the OEM are not.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WOW I have no idea what I was smoking yesterday, but I had absolutely no issue removing the 4 nuts with a 15mm socket today! :thud:

tj@steeda

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Phew ... sorry I saw this late ... are you all set?

Best Regards,

TJ

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
TJ I am good thank you. As they say I must have had a senior moment when I tried the first time to remove the nuts. I was convinced they were not 15mm.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back