Steeda street Hood with/without hood pins

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
Well I put the WMS hood pins in. For some reason they don't hold on one side. They did this with the stock hood to. I thought the Steeda hood would be better. I was wrong. I give up with these. Waste of money. I'm taking these dam things off. Now I need to find something that would look good. I was thinking the Sparco red hood pins.
Thanks guy's for all your help.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I don't think there is any real actually useful hood pin that's gonna work with fiberglass that doesn't pass through the hood.

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I would of thought the WMS would be a good fit since they are one of the most expensive pins i've seen.

I had aerocatch with my previous fb hood but they are a pain in the ass to install.

Right now with my trufiber hood I'm not using any and was thinking of the WMS pins as well.

Also having a 2010+ style belly pan reduces hood shake by a good amount.

fzr confused

Reaction score
Really? Do you need to mod the belly pan any to make it fit? I'll have to look into that.

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, It seems that both side of the pins will lock when parked. Then I'll drive on the highway at around 70-80 mph, the left or driver side unlocks and lifts up. You can see the hood lifting at speed. Then I'll slow down take a few turns and it's locked again. I'M SO CONFUSED!!

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
WMS pins seem very unreliable for the price! I would be so pissed if $200+ hood pins did that!!!!

Anyways the 2010+ belly pan fits to any year S197 Mustang. The back clips on to existing mount holes and the front you need to drill holes or use zip ties.

Mine is held with zip ties at the front and will actually be all held with zip ties once my bmr k-member gets installed tomorrow!

fzr confused

Reaction score
Think it would interfere with my CHE brace with TL's? I was told the belly pan helps a lot with heat extraction, but having the benefit of both would be awesome!

I love my aerocatch latches, I HATE hood pins and these I actually like.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back