stock like clutch

onebadgsx

Reaction score
yes another clutch question....

i have been running on my stock clutch for 5 years, 60k miles, and probably 10 drag strip outtings on slicks. know i have beeen very happy no slippage but now my clutch is ready to be replaced. i dont wat some 1000hp holding power spec stage 3+ thats kills your leg when driving. i need more or less a daily driven street clutch with a little strip duty. spec stage 1, ram hdx, or zoom stage 1 with slave included in kit, or any other recommendations.

with a light pedal do i need to replace the slave ?

what about the master?

any thoughts, thanks

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Replace the slave needs to be replaced and the master is probably fine, if not it is ~$60. Quite a few people have had good luck with the Roush clutch kit. IIRC, the kit is designed around a Valeo pressure plate to keep the stock pedal feel. If it works on the P51 it should work for you. You could give Jr. at JDM a shout.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Roush P51 clutch disk, OEM slave cylinder, OEM pressure plate, and OEM flywheel. NTO sells flywheels for ~$60-80 which is a steal.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
IIRC, the disc requires a shim found in the kit. It goes between the PP and flywheel. I'm not sure of the size.

stangzilla

forum member
Reaction score
i have a centerforce dual friction with stock slave and CF steel flywheel, it is slightly heavier than stock, good for a DD and holds well too.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I didn't like my CF/DF, I actually pulled it out and sent it to the landfill. I replaced it with a Ram PG HD and slave. Soon a converter will own that space.

onebadgsx

Reaction score
who is nto? would i need a new pp, or use existing stock one. where could you get just a pp, without clutch disc?

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
NewTakeOff.com.. I'd recommend buying a new OEM pressure plate. RockAuto, OEM online parts dealer, or a local dealer.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
NewTakeOff.com.. I'd recommend buying a new OEM pressure plate. RockAuto, OEM online parts dealer, or a local dealer.

Ok, the "kit" is the disc and shim... I thought it came with a PP, but doesn't. I was wondering why I wasn't on the same page, and now I know.

:buttkick:

AlbertD

forum member
Reaction score
I have a Exedy Mach 400 and love it! Stock feeling engagement and slightly harder pedal feel. (Actually like it better a little firmer)

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I've got the spec 3+ and if you specify the "low pedal requirement" it is as light if not lighter than the stock clutch. Still a grabby clutch though so you may not want that. I'm running the spec billet steel flywheel with it.

edyuly

Reaction score
I have an exedy and love it pedal feels a little firmer than stock.

circusboy

forum member
Reaction score
Ram HDX and be done with it. worked awesome when I was N/A, even held up to the 6K clutch dumps at the track. feel just like stock and is less than $300 FTW

usafimj

Reaction score
PM BBR_John on the Exedy 400 or 500 clutch setup. I just got a price quote from him and its not bad for an entire setup.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back