Stupid question on Suspension

AlloyGT

Lurker
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Something that can act as a spreader would be helpful too. I haven't found anything yet. Need to walk around the hardware store.

I needed to spread one of my CHE relocation brackets slightly. I stuck it over the end of my floor jack, gave it a few pumps, and voila! It fit perfectly.

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
*help* scraping car

So I looked under the car and made some measurements. The exhuast tips are not whats scraping. The tips go backwards and then downwards and join the exhaust pipes much LOWER than the tips you see on the outside. There is a join and its scraping on the ground when I go over anything other than a straight road. They are the approximately 9cm (3.5 inches?) from the ground. This leaves ZERO chance of lowering the car as the rear wheel arches are 9cm from the top of the tire to the edge of the outer wheel arch.

I am going to put the car on a lift and have a look to see if we can make some improvements but if anyone can help please advise as I want to order suspension parts asap and want to solve this.

I also put some pics up so you can get an idea of what I am talking about. This is a stock suspension height too. I will also add a post on Cervinis forum to see whether they can add some advice as I am sure I cant be the only C-500 kit owner who has been through this.

**help**

Attachments

• PA230826.JPG
    PA230826.JPG
    67.1 KB · Views: 14
  • PA230827.JPG
    PA230827.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 13

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can mix and match. I will say this though, some manufacturers (like us)do design their parts to work together as a whole, so make sure you're matching things up right. One example would be our sport springs and shocks. We match the rates to the shocks/struts so that they will work together, giving a good quality ride.

The busings on the CHE are real nice, they literally have a nylon bushing outside the steel sleve that surrounds the bolt, but inside of the poly bushing material, and that bushing allows free rotation w/o any sqeaks and w/o need to for lubrication...whereas the BMR bushings require lubrication...if I were doing it again, I wouldn't buy the BMR rear sway bar, I'd get the CHE.

SteedaSteve: The Sport Springs/shocks are a mod I want to do...since the Sports are a mild drop (1" I think) I have a question: will I need to do the whole bumpsteer kit/front LCA relocation kit, and rear LCA relo kit with the mild drop? The Shelby GT's have a more severe drop (1½' I think), and they don't get any of that stuff....thanks.

(Sorry for hijacking the thread, but its generally relevant to what the thread originator is asking about)

Last edited:

UrS4

forum member
Reaction score
I think you are going to have to get some custom exhaust work done to tuck those mufflers up closer to the rear seat and driveshaft.

I have a Pypes Mid muffler system with a 4" driveshaft all tucked up neat under the car. Since you said it isn't your tips that are the problem you may have to change the pipe coming to and from the bullet mufflers in your cervinis kit. I have seen several cars with your exhaust and they are slammed with no problems.
img7449iv4.jpg

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. I have the same kit as you and was wondering how you sorted yours out as it looks like your car has been dropped?

ps. I posted your car pics all over our forum and the boys were DROOLING!

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to go of the topic on the exhaust issue but I am now a bit lost on what suspension mods to do. I would like to make some improvements but am very scared to do anything that lowers the car further for now.

Could any of you (very) helpful gents make some suggestions for suspension improvements that will not lower the car further?

Much appreciated.

UrS4

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, that is not my car :(

That is one from another member on another forum that has your same side exhaust and is lowered.

As far as suspension upgrades keeping the same ride height, you could go with adj panhard bar and panhard brace to tighten up the rear end. LCA will help with wheel hop. New K member, g-trace brace, and strut tower brace will help on the front end too.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Strut tower brace is a waste of money with these cars. It's dead weight!

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+1 on the adjustable panhard bar (CHE)...can't have the driver's side tire sticking out a full 1/4" to 3/8" more than the passenger side...

Quiksilver

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I will get onto that till I resolve this.

Last question - what about shocks? I like the Tokico's but was concerned about the height loss.

Sorry Urs4 - wasnt paying enough attention.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Strut tower brace is a waste of money with these cars. It's dead weight!

I though the Strut tower brace was one of the best mods I did, if it fit over my S/C it would still be in. I noticed a big difference with steering and handling with it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back