Sub box mounting

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
I installed 2 10's but twice now the mounting has failed. I have the box on the top of the "hill" pressure mounted to the upper deck and a custom lower extension.

It is physically mounted to the car with a small bracket with two screws at TheImageUploadedByTapatalk1411917417.480207.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411917428.713653.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1411917437.182399.jpg top middle rear of the box. This way of mounting is failing at some point during driving.

The screws are separating from the mdf.

Does anyone have suggestions on a better way??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had a Zenclosure box in mine since 2010. I mounted it with two metal L brackets bolted through the car (where the hump is) and bolted into the box. Has lasted through several hard launches at the track without issue.

Only downside is to remove the box you have to remove the subs to get to remove the nuts.

Last edited:

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I would either use "L" brackets on the bottom and that at top or I would drill two holes in the top and through the frame of the rear decklid and bolt it through the metal with big washers. You can use silicone to seal the box up.

Black3vGT

Reaction score
I know nothing about audio fabrication but coming from a carpenter those screws are way to small for mdf.

V8 Vol

El Jefe
Reaction score
Thats kind of what I was thinking (why i included the pic). They ripped out.

I was considering attaching a small piece of wood to the back of the box with longer screws and then using that wood to attach on the bracket......

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
^^ this, decking screws, and pre drill the holes with a SMALL bit.

Fosters

forum member
Reaction score
You can probably also use t-nuts with bolts, this will require drilling a hole and putting the nut inside the enclosure, but it'll give you much more surface to hang on to...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back