SuperShaker Install Questions?

jaja6009

forum member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
Im new to this forum. I have a 05 GT with a Saleen supercharger on it. I just bought a SuperShaker upgrade. Ive read through the directions several times before install and I have some questions.
1. Do you have to drain the intercoolant coolant? I see you have to remove 2 bolts from the crossover that goes over the snout to add 2 washers and the airbox bracket. It looks like you do not have to drain the system but I want to make sure.
2. When installing the plate cover with the 13 bolts the directions on page 17 on the install manual say to torque them down from A-M. But then it only has letters labeling 5 of the bolts. I need to know the sequence. Should I do it like the stock intake manifold and work from the middle and crisscross up and down?
3. On page 16 of the manual it says to install loctite on 2 bolts and place them into the back of the intake snorkel and plate cover. But on page 17 it has you again install these bolts with Vibrastop along with 11 other bolts. (2 of the bolts from above question)

Saleen makes great products but sometimes their install instructions leave a little bit out. They told you to route vacuum hoses wrong on the supercharger install.

I appreciate any help you guys can be.

Thank you!

frarmar

Killer boots man!
Reaction score
I don't recall touching the intercooler system. IIRC we torqued all the "A" bolts in a criss cross fashion, then moved on to B, C, etc criss crossing when possible. We did vibrastop on all the bolts in the lid, no loctite.

This is what I remember doing, but its been a over a year since I installed it. Might not be a bad idea to check with the place you bought the kit from.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back