Teflon washer for manual shifter

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I noticed the other day while I was under the car that there's a teflon washer at the bottom of my short throw shifter linkage that is split. Does anyone know if this is something that can be picked up at an auto parts store?

I called B&M and they said that it's not listed in their material list for the shifter so I wonder if it was there from the stock shifter?

I've noticed some looseness in my shifter and I'm guessing it may be this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
try calling hurst. i had to get a little bolt/nut for mine and they were able to find the part. im pretty sure the washer would be the same size, esp if it was from the stock shifter.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I called B&M and the guy answered the phone B&M and Hurst so I suspect they have joined forces and he wasn't able to find what I was looking for.

Thanks though.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
ah. unfortunate. take the washer dimensions, and try find a site online that has it. thats the only other option i can think of.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
You might be able to find one locally at a autoparts store or hardware store.

I was missing something similar, I had to buy a part that was missing on the Pro 5.0 I bought from a vendor here. I went to a hardware store, they had jillions of nylon washers in all kinds of different sizes, I bought a few and paid less than a buck.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
If it's from the stock assembly, then you should be able to get the washer from Ford, correct?

Nope. The shifter linkage can't even be bought from Ford. To get the bushings, shifter linkage, etc you have to buy a whole new shifter from Ford which retails at $250-300.

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
I guess I can try to find a nylon washer of similar size and put some grease on it. There's no way in hell I'm going to buy a full shifter assembly for a damn washer.

stevenroxie09

The Sandbox
Reaction score
Shifter

I got a new poly bushings from steeda when I bought my sts from them, they offer it seperate

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
It's not a bushing, it's a smallish white washer that goes between the bolt that connects the bottom of the shifter to the rod that runs to the front of the transmission.

TheJimmy

forum member
Reaction score
maybe check around junkyards for a wrecked one thats a pocket item if you find it

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back