Tired of my car about to blow it up.

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
So I have been trying to get my emmisions done the last month or so I got the BBR emmision tune with no success on 2 occasions. But anyways I put the factory H-pipe back and left the JLT cai and now my check engine light is back on. I also did flash it back to stock. The DTC code is P0171 and PO174 which is system lean (b1)-(b2). I did only put back the H-pipe and not the whole rear in hopes I could just pass and put my o/r x-pipe back on. Please help me guys this is really making me angry.

And also why am I not passing with the emmision tune??

So I was thinking its the CAI that is why the codes are coming up? But I could be wrong.

Last edited:

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
so you have the CAI on.....with stock tune.....and your surprised you are gettinga code? do you understand what lean means? more oxygen than fuel mixture.....too much oxygen.......do you know what a CAI does?

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
Thats what I was thinking but my friend said otherwise im taking everything off tomorrow and put the factory air box back on.

Man I feel like a tool for not really considering the intake.

Last edited:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
You keep running it lean and the title of this thread will come to fruition. YIKES!!!

Slap your friend upside the freakin head too while you're at it.

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
I did I grabbed his cigs and threw them outside in the rain. LOL/ But i have no clue as to why I didnt pass my inspection with 2 not readies. they were evap. system cat catyt no ready.

Last edited:

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
A JLT CAI running with the stock tune will make the car run like shit....just shove that stock air box on their and clear the DTCs, take it to get emissions tested, pass, then put everything back on again.

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score
I did I grabbed his cigs and threw them outside in the rain. LOL/ But i have no clue as to why I didnt pass my inspection with 2 not readies. they were evap. system cat catyt no ready.

this can mean the car was not run long enough to do it's own self-diagnostic tests. it can take anywhere from 10-50+ miles after a computer reset (or re-flash) to run these tests, at which point the car will either fail emissions for an MIL or go green.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I guess contacting BBR to ask for help with their emissions tune was out of the question?

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
So I guess contacting BBR to ask for help with their emissions tune was out of the question?

I did I contacted John and he didnt have a clue either. He said something might be broken on the car. I ran the emmision tune went to work came back turned the car off and on to cycle about 3 times or so and still failed. I had 2 not readies, I can have 1 and still pass. But I tried on 2 seperate occasions to upload the tune with no success. On 1 occasion I uploaded the tune and drove to get my inspection(failed and the other time I put in the tune went to work went home drove around a bit and went again and still failed. I have no clue what to do now I might have to just give in and put on cats. But i put everything back to stock and will try again tomorrow and hopefully I will finally pass.

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
this can mean the car was not run long enough to do it's own self-diagnostic tests. it can take anywhere from 10-50+ miles after a computer reset (or re-flash) to run these tests, at which point the car will either fail emissions for an MIL or go green.

Yea but either way I went through many cycles as stated above and still failed with evap not ready and catalyst not ready.

loots06

forum member
Reaction score
Return the car to stock, stock tune, stock air box, stock h-pipe, if need be stock axel back. I'm pretty sure that with you hand held tuner you could tune on your rear o2's.

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
This car has been a beadache since it was bone stock. Its weird the check engine light will come back on anyways after a certain amount of driving I counted the miles till it took for it to come back on. But performance tune in drove for about 2 days went half of the mileage with emmision tune and drove close to the other half before failing again. Man i have no clue what is going on.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
PUT the car back to stock... then follow the drive cycles recommended by Ford. a drive cycle is not measured in miles driven but in the type of driving done, here is a ford drive cycle procedure to clear the not ready code. Double check the O2 Sensor cables and be sure they are pushed in and click. inspect the wires for damage.

Ford Motor Company Driving Cycle Description of OBDII Drive Cycle
The following procedure is designed to execute and complete the OBDII monitors and to clear the Ford P1000, I/M readiness code. To complete a specific monitor for repair verification, follow steps 1 through 4, then continue with the step described by the appropriate monitor found under the "OBDII Monitor Exercised" column. When the ambient air temperature is outside 4.4 to 37.8°C (40 to 100° F), or the altitude is above 2438 meters (8000 feet), the EVAP monitor will not run. If the P1000 code must be cleared in these conditions, the PCM must detect them twice before the EVAP monitor can be "bypassed" and the P1000 cleared. The Evap "bypassing" procedure is described in the following drive cycle.

The OBDII Drive Cycle will be performed using a scan tool. Consult the instruction manual for each described function. NOTE: A detailed description of a Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Reset is found in this section, refer to the table of contents.

Drive Cycle Recommendations:
  1. Most OBDII monitors will complete more readily using a "steady foot" driving style during cruise or acceleration modes. Operating the throttle in a "smooth" fashion will minimize the time required for monitor completion.
  2. Fuel tank level should be between 1/2 and 3/4 fill with 3/4 fill being the most desirable.
  3. The Evaporative Monitor can only operate during the first 30 minutes of engine operation. When executing the procedure for this monitor, stay in part throttle mode and drive in a smooth fashion to minimize "fuel slosh".
  4. These steps but include one cold on/off cycle and one hot on/off cycle.
WARNING
STRICT OBSERVANCE OF POSTED SPEED LIMITS AND ATTENTION TO DRIVING CONDITIONS ARE MANDATORY WHEN PROCEEDING THROUGH THE FOLLOWING DRIVE CYCLES.

For best results, follow each of the following steps as accurately as possible:

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back