Tune and Intake Gains?

winn.cody

Reaction score
So I've asked this question on other websites and all I ever get is: "Trade in your v6 and buy a GT" or "Stop trying to make a slow car fast," so I'd like an answer from another v6 owner. I've got an MRT Aeroturbine muffler on my 07 5spd v6 and I'm after a bit more horsepower (aren't we all?). I've seen websites that offer a combo deal on an intake and tuner, such as a C&L cold air intake with a DiabloSport Predator. What kind of horsepower gains would I be looking at with these two accompanied by my aeroturbine muffler?

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
GO with a JLT CAI and a SCT X3 Tuner.

Call tomorrow and we'll give you a price. Just make sure you let one of us know that you're a member on S197Forum.com

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
GO with a JLT CAI and a SCT X3 Tuner.

Call tomorrow and we'll give you a price. Just make sure you let one of us know that you're a member on S197Forum.com

That's what I have. It really woke the car up. it's worth the money. I had it on for about a year and a half, with the canned SCT tune, but I'm going v8 next month. Still not bad, so getting a CAI/tune package from a vendor would be better for you. Those mods I don't regret doing. Oh, that and making sure I wasn't only spinning one tire. That shit was embarrassing for the whole two months I had it like that. Fixing that was priority. lol.

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
That's what I have. It really woke the car up. it's worth the money. I had it on for about a year and a half, with the canned SCT tune, but I'm going v8 next month. Still not bad, so getting a CAI/tune package from a vendor would be better for you. Those mods I don't regret doing. Oh, that and making sure I wasn't only spinning one tire. That shit was embarrassing for the whole two months I had it like that. Fixing that was priority. lol.

you dont like the "one wheel peel"

damn i think this is the first time i have posted in the v6 section

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
Lol, I'll give you that one, it was funny. But now you have some explaining to do on your posts in this thread.. and the edumacation being given over at TAMCC..^^^ :roflmao:
i never clamed i could spwell i sccka at it but i can do math lol

BTW there is a U in TAMUCC

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The cai/tune, with a 93 octane tune, **may** get you 10-15hp, with most of the gains coming from the tune. It will, however, feel a lot more powerful.

A v6 can be made to be a beast; I've spanked a few v8's in my day!
(but now going to a v8 setup as well..there's only so far you can go with a v6 in terms of power)

pieperz06

i need to get blown
Reaction score
Hell, I must be a magician, I can do both.. lol.

and who put that U in there?? or are you making shit up again? :beer:

the UNIVERSITY part of the accrenim is kinda important

on the note of a V6 is the tune and CAI about the same as it would be for a v8 a guy i know has one and i was having a drunkin conversation about them and he seemed interested in making his car a bit faster

Reaction score
The Intake and Tune is way worth it. You'll spend good money on it, but it's about all you've got left aside from supercharging it.

Ken04

gm troll basher
Reaction score
So I've asked this question on other websites and all I ever get is: "Trade in your v6 and buy a GT" or "Stop trying to make a slow car fast," so I'd like an answer from another v6 owner. I've got an MRT Aeroturbine muffler on my 07 5spd v6 and I'm after a bit more horsepower (aren't we all?). I've seen websites that offer a combo deal on an intake and tuner, such as a C&L cold air intake with a DiabloSport Predator. What kind of horsepower gains would I be looking at with these two accompanied by my aeroturbine muffler?

I love our V6 pony, so I know what you're going thru trying to get good info. John @BBR is a good guy, he will help you out. Dennis @BMR is also helpful and knowledgable.

First thing to remember is, although horsepower numbers look good in the forums, torque moves cars. So you have a good start on the torque part already. What will help use that torque to your advantage is a couple things. Gears and traction. 3.73 gears and a T-Loc will really let you use all the torque, especially if you add a CAI and get a tuner. Your car will feel faster and be faster. For a daily driver 3.73 gears are a good compromise between driving to work, and playing racecar on the weekends. So for around a grand you can have a very quick car with less weight on the nose for better handling. Add a few suspension/brake upgrades and you can have a giant killer.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back