UMI LCA Relocation Brackets and Strano Sway Bar

applesauce683

forum member
Reaction score
I have the UMI LCA relocation brackets set on the upper hole and I just put in the Strano rear bar. I can only set the bar to the softest setting as trying to go stiffer causes the bar to hit the mounting bolt/nut on the LCA. Is there any way around this? I do not want to lower the LCA's to the lower hole on the brackets since my LCA's are already perfectly parallel now.

Last edited:

Philostang

Chrome Hater
Reaction score
I doubt that relocating the whole sway bar would help since Sam's bar would still need to pick up the axle at the shock brackets. That's where the interference is coming from - I know, since I put his bar on with my Steeda relocation brackets and encountered the same thing.

The interference I got was minimal, and was only a problem for the length of the bolt supplied in the sway bar kit. So all I needed to do on one side was use extra washers on the outboard end to shorten up the bolt. On the other I just cut the bolt down.

If the bar itself is hitting the LCA bolt, I think you're screwed. Unless the interference is with something that can be moved, there's little you can do when two parts need to occupy the same space. The shock bracket for Sam's bar isn't exactly adjustable, so the end of the bar needs to be where it is. There's no way around that. You might be able to flip the LCA bolt to gain a bit of clearance if the nut is on the outboard side. Putting the head on the outboard side should yield some real estate vs. the nut and washer. If the head is already outboard, you're stuck.

FWIW, the road race crowd often favors the lightest setting anyway. Still, I feel your pain having an adjustable part and not even being able to experiment with the effects of the adjustment. Good luck.

Best,
-j

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back