Uncovered the Mystery Behind Aftermarket COPs...

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
A lot of OEM parts.

OEM Lifters, bearings, oil pump, etc etc etc because the aftermarket isn't as good. Now things like the blower, there isn't an OEM blower so you go with one of the decent ones, but there are several junk blowers. There are great OEM parts, and junk ones. The whole point of what I was saying it just because it is aftermarket, or shiney, or pretty and anodized doesn't mean it is better than OEM. OEMs spend a ton of R&D and many times make a better product.

When possible I go OEM. The QC is far better than some little place cranking out parts. The validation and requirements for OEM applications are far beyond most aftermarket.

Dubstep Shep

WUB WUB VROOM VROOM
Reaction score
The point is that WHERE OEM sacrifices superior performance in favor of acceptable performance and lower cost is where aftermarket parts rule the day. If cost is no object, usually oem will rule the day.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Or there are good aftermarket and bad aftermarket companies. Places like BMR seem to engineer and test parts. Other people are 2 guys in a garage welding crap up, or trying to "engineer" better parts without knowing what they are doing.

I haven't seen anyone, MSD, Accel, etc make a better coil than the OEMs these days.

I run OEM coils and OEM wires on 1100rwhp z06 BTW.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back