Upgraded Motor Mounts

applesauce683

forum member
Reaction score
Has anyone upgraded the motor mounts on their 5.0 yet? If so, what are your impressions? What choices are there?

I installed headers over the weekend and I am getting a rattle on the passenger side under hard acceleration and/or left hand turns. I shifted the engine all the way to the driver's side and that seemed to help just a bit but not completely. The headers seem to be hitting the frame rail near where the A/C line is secured. It seems that adding stiffer motor mounts might fix my problem since it seems that the engine is torquing a little too much and causing the headers to hit.

Blownblu03

forum member
Reaction score
Are they worth it? i am doing headers as well and to do the job I have to remove them anyway.

1slo5ohh

Reaction score
i have the same issue but the header isnt hitting the frame its hitting the a-arm mount. i shifted the motor and trans cross member to the left then had to drop the crossmember and put a washer (ghetto i know) inbetween the mount and crossmember and bolt it back up to get about a 1/16th of day light. no i only get the vib mostly making left hand turns, guess i gotta order bmr a-arms to get rid of it. which headers you running?

TARZAN

Knight F Magic
Reaction score
Whatever you do, avoid solid mounts. They just SUCK on a car that is regularly driven

-Will

1slo5ohh

Reaction score
Whatever you do, avoid solid mounts. They just SUCK on a car that is regularly driven

-Will

i had solid motor and trans mount with tubular k member and a-arms with coil overs on my 00 gt and it wasnt terrible, but then again i was alot younger and could put up with alot more. im hating most of what i have done to my '11 gt now and its no were near where i had my '00 and its not near as bad NVH. i wish id just left it alone lol, i must be getting old..

TARZAN

Knight F Magic
Reaction score
i had solid motor and trans mount with tubular k member and a-arms with coil overs on my 00 gt and it wasnt terrible, but then again i was alot younger and could put up with alot more. im hating most of what i have done to my '11 gt now and its no were near where i had my '00 and its not near as bad NVH. i wish id just left it alone lol, i must be getting old..

I had solid mounts on my 99 TA and my 97 Cobra....I didn't really care for either

-Will

1slo5ohh

Reaction score
I had solid mounts on my 99 TA and my 97 Cobra....I didn't really care for either

-Will

totally agree now, but 4-5 years ago i didnt mind them, actually kinda liked the harshness. but now not so much, ive actually thought about goin back to stock and picking up another fox to molest because at times i hate the noise and vibs..everyones tolerence is different

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been wondering about this.

Since our shifter is remotely mounted I would think upgraded motor mounts could help with shifting, and based on how little engine vibration feel in the car, I think its safe to assume theyre fairly soft.

Blownblu03

forum member
Reaction score
Great I have a set of SW's for the car so I guess I'll have this issue as well! are these mounts solid or urthane? I have urthane on my 30 Cobra and you can feel the engine thru the car a bit more but nothing horrible. Solid I hear vibrate the crap out of the car.

WhiteStang

Reaction score
just got my car back with the SW headers and full system, I have somthing hitting up there too but havent had time to look into it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back