Urethane Adhesive Removal

06281SC

forum member
Reaction score
Removing the trim panels Saleen puts on around the Quarter windows and I have a huge amount of black urethane that is not coming off. I tried 3M adhesive remover and it's just not cutting it. Any suggestions?

Vapor08gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I honestly have no idea what to use to get that off. I would call my local windsheild shop and ask them what they use as it should be the same thing used to mount the windows. BTW are you getting rid of the trim pieces ?

Edit : Is the adhesive on the paint or on the window itself ?

06281SC

forum member
Reaction score
Yep, they are going in the garbage. Saleen used so much black urethane on then that they came off in pieces, as did my window...

thecarter13

forum member
Reaction score
+1 to what Vapor said,

can I ask how you tried to take them off originally? Now just to make sure you were taking off the louvers that cover the quarter windows?

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This has been posted once before, use gas.

06281SC

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I am going to have to take it to the shop anyway. I really screwed up some of the paint. I will try gas and see if it helps.

Wyld

408 C6
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I am going to have to take it to the shop anyway. I really screwed up some of the paint. I will try gas and see if it helps.

Geez what did you use to mess up the paint? Gas will do just fine though, just be sure to wipe it off every now in then with some soap and water!

06281SC

forum member
Reaction score
The urethane took some of the paint off when I was peeling it off. That stuff is nasty...

Back