Viewing YouTube Videos

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
When YouTube videos are embedded in a post, I see nothing to play.
This is with both my iPad mini & iPhone.
Haven't been on the laptop in a year so I can't speak on that.

This issue was up until the past couple days.
Now I'm seeing the captioned YouTube screen in posts, but when I click the play arrow it's like it's only a pic.

Is there a setting I need to adjust, or what?
This has become annoying.

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
For some reason on mine I have to click in the bottom right corner. If I click on the play button nothing happens.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue on my iPad... IDK what the deal is, I'll see if Doc has an idea

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks to me like it is working fine. Perhaps the people doing the embedding haven't bothered to read the sticky titled We now have video?

If it is only happening on iOS devices, then sounds like something that iOS should address. Are you accessing the site via tap talk or via browser? Whichever, if you switch to the other, does it still have the same issue? If you access youtube using the same method that you are accessing the site, can you play videos direct from them?

Last edited:

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I see that embedded video, but I click the play button and nothing happens.

Accessing through Safari on iPad mini.
Haven't tried using TapATwat. I mainly use it to upload pics.
I don't use YouTube through Safari. I have the YouTube app downloaded.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
For some reason on mine I have to click in the bottom right corner. If I click on the play button nothing happens.

Ok.
I did this to the Bad Guys video and it played.

TYPED TOO SOON.
When I quoted this post & replied...then went back to the video...see nothing now.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
All apple products seem to do it on this website. Been about a year now for me since it started.
I used to be able to quote the post, flip back, and it would appear as normal. That doesn't work for me anymore. Recently found you can just touch or click where you think the center of the video would be if you could see it. Then I can see data start to transfer and the video comes up. Oddly, after I watch it, and the video closes out, it appears where it should have been in the first place. Go figure lol

Last edited:

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Ok.
I did this to the Bad Guys video and it played.

TYPED TOO SOON.
When I quoted this post & replied...then went back to the video...see nothing now.

I can't replay them either, but there is text on the top after is has played once that I can hit and then it will bring me to the you tube app where I can play it over and over.

Hope this helps

JCCNY

forum member
Reaction score
I'm on a first gen iPad and they all play fine. I have this problem with my newer iPad mini though. Cleared the history and the videos became playable for a day, then back to the same shit - WTF?

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I'm on a first gen iPad and they all play fine. I have this problem with my newer iPad mini though. Cleared the history and the videos became playable for a day, then back to the same shit - WTF?

Maybe the history needs to be cleaned more often with a mini?

Anyway, I hadn't thought of that but I'm gonna test that out.
I think you may be onto something.

I'll definitely report back.

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
Weird, for the past 6 months or so, I would have to quote the post, copy the YouTube tag, go to YouTube, and play it from there when on an Apple device.

The problem seemed to fix itself about two weeks ago. Now I just have to tap a few times on the video for it to play.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ken - what iOS are you running?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm running 8.0.2

I bet that's why your issue resolved. I have a gen 1 iPad and run 5.0.x (cannot upgrade further) and I still have the issue of YT embeds not playing

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score
I bet that's why your issue resolved. I have a gen 1 iPad and run 5.0.x (cannot upgrade further) and I still have the issue of YT embeds not playing

Yeah, I updated the software about two weeks ago, now that I think of it.

I still get a black screen with audio from time to time, but it only happens about 15% of the time.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I don't have apple products so I am of no help...LOL Been debating on the Iphone 6 plus, but i'll probably end up with a note 4. Hard to get me to spend money on 2 year old tech...I need to see both and get some hands on with each.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back