"VMP TVS powered BOSS 302 bangs out 837 rwhp!"

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
There's been rumors and magazine articals from Eaton of a 3.1 or they call it 3100 TVS that's already in testing would be nice if they would bring it to market.
When i went Tvs from saleen twin screw 3 valve the TVS had a max rpm pulley shaft speed rated higher as well as higher efficiency than the twin screw 2.3 a 3.1 Tvs would most likely run with a 4 liter Whipple.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Justin said there is no TVS3100 or 3300. It's been dropped because there's not enough market for it to make it viable.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Pft, what's his dyno slip run at the track?
Oh wait, that's only done in my threads. LOL
:beerdrink::popcorneat:

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
With a Boss stick trans and a PD I'd have to practice like a sob to make any good 1/4 times.. If i didn't tear the m82 out of it trying stock clutch would be gone..
Need an ARB out back an auto trans tightish circle d converter with m/t et street pros out back...may could make it work then.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
There's been rumors and magazine articals from Eaton of a 3.1 or they call it 3100 TVS that's already in testing would be nice if they would bring it to market.
When i went Tvs from saleen twin screw 3 valve the TVS had a max rpm pulley shaft speed rated higher as well as higher efficiency than the twin screw 2.3 a 3.1 Tvs would most likely run with a 4 liter Whipple.

I don't think so. It would probably compete with the 2.9 Whipple.

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think so. It would probably compete with the 2.9 Whipple.

I only have experience with having a generation 1 2.3 twin screw and a tvs 2300 the tvs in comparison the tvs same size exceded the performance of the same size twin screw. Same 18% od crank and s/c upper pulley size on my 3 valve yes a full liter is a far cry so i was exagerturating a bit and how much the gen II rotors have improved over gen I I'm not sure. But i have a felling that a 2.3 Whipple would have a hard time putting up these numbers that the 2.3 TVS is putting up. Atleast i haven't seen it.. These are Whipple 2.9L numbers.
That being said push on the Whipple 2.9 hard enough and it should be able to surpass these numbers .

Last edited:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I only have experience with having a generation 1 2.3 twin screw and a tvs 2300 the tvs in comparison the tvs same size exceded the performance of the same size twin screw. Same 18% od crank and s/c upper pulley size on my 3 valve yes a full liter is a far cry so i was exagerturating a bit and how much the gen II rotors have improved over gen I I'm not sure. But i have a felling that a 2.3 Whipple would have a hard time putting up these numbers that the 2.3 TVS is putting up. Atleast i haven't seen it.. These are Whipple 2.9L numbers.
That being said push on the Whipple 2.9 hard enough and it should be able to surpass these numbers .

There is a difference between the Saleen and Whipple. That's all I was really getting at. I'm sure you had a huge power increase when you went to a TVS.

All too often people think that all twin screws are the same and directly compare but they aren't and don't.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score

At some point it becomes all hype and no substance.

I have a transbrake video, here is a dyno video, etc...

You kit has run 10.3's. The TVS has been into the 9's on a stock long block and did it a couple of years ago. It install's like OEM and there is no re-configuring the entire front of the car to install it.

1. Install supercharger
2. Get a tune
3. Enjoy

It is a project that takes a few hours over a weekend. No need for someone to have their car down days or weeks to get it on.

So back to your sarcasm, this one has a proven track record. ;)

JPO8GT

forum member
Reaction score
I agree BRUCEH Whipple is the superior twin screw and from a quality standpoint I prefer Whipple over all including over Kenne Bell. But for a oem quality blower at its 2.3L size the lil TVS packs a punch if I were going to buy a 2.3 size blower it would be a TVS anything larger WHIPPLE I have been around long enough to know that the Saleen blowers back in their day we're only better than the original equipment roots blowers and the m90 but i have seen that generation Saleen pump out 600 rwhp on a built 3 valve but also that generations Whipple 2.3 was also having a hard time huffing a 3 valve to 600+ these were pre TVS days. Saleen blowers are long gone but in their day the Whipple 2.3 wasn't much better and it was only marginal at producing more power than the Saleen due to the differences in intake runner design they mainly had different power curves and the Whipple was more peaky and Saleen less peaky but had a better tq curve.

Last edited:

Justin00Stang

Reaction score

In my wife's 2011 auto with a TVS, 9.79 @ 140, making 675rwhp, right before we hauled it to the 5.0 shootout and ran 9s. Its getting a built motor, so I won't be afraid to push it HARDER than my stock boss motor.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, same dribble from the same people resting on laurels that never offer any input or advice. But when there's shit to talk, poof, like magic people appear lol
Easier to criticize others when you can't do yourself I suppose. Although I guess people don't mind moving stuff around the engine bay. People are selling their blower setups for turbos. Boy how upset are they gonna be buying these unproven box of parts? Lol back to your regularly scheduled dribble.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
Lol, same dribble from the same people resting on laurels that never offer any input or advice. But when there's shit to talk, poof, like magic people appear lol
Easier to criticize others when you can't do yourself I suppose. Although I guess people don't mind moving stuff around the engine bay. People are selling their blower setups for turbos. Boy how upset are they gonna be buying these unproven box of parts? Lol back to your regularly scheduled dribble.

All hype, no substance. That's really it plain and simple.

When was the last time you were at the track? I'll be there this weekend. I was there last month and the month before but I am resting on my laurels. Yep, you called it. I guess Larry (stretch) fits into the same category. He rests on his laurels as well.

You come into a thread (which has nothing to do with you) and complain about getting criticized for not having track times and when someone explains why, they are the "bad guy". I am not the only person to see the through your fog.

Get over it, produce results and stop whining. Back OT.

TheKurgan

forum member
Reaction score
Boy how upset are they gonna be buying these unproven box of parts? Lol back to your regularly scheduled dribble.

Unproven? Justin has been testing his own personal cars on the track for quite a while and posting about it. I don't think I'd go there.

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
All hype, no substance. That's really it plain and simple.
It really is. That's all we ever see out of you. Offer nothing to the forums. What little tech you might have offered at one time is all regurgitated from someone elses findings. Or the repeating the same thing from two years ago.

wbt said:
When was the last time you were at the track? I'll be there this weekend. I was there last month and the month before but I am resting on my laurels. Yep, you called it. I guess Larry (stretch) fits into the same category. He rests on his laurels as well.
Don't try to bring another name into your drowning arguement. Yes you're resting on your laurels. You keep going to the track but what is different now than 2 years ago? Nothing. You're not running any faster or gaining new info. Again the only reason you show up on any forum is to run your jib. Bad mouthing just about any vendor in sight or talking shit to people who pay to have their parts installed. You some how think you're special you bolt on the parts you don't have the knowledge to make. Go back to data logging or weighing kmembers

wbt said:
You come into a thread (which has nothing to do with you) and complain about getting criticized for not having track times and when someone explains why, they are the "bad guy". I am not the only person to see the through your fog.

Get over it, produce results and stop whining. Back OT.
Who's complaining? I made a joke about myself because I thought it was funny. I'd have to give to squirts of piss about your opinion before complaining. I'm feeding my baby so I LITERALLY have nothing better to do than reply to you lol.
You're "the bad guy" because if it wasn't for shit falking, you would have nothing to post about.

Unproven? Justin has been testing his own personal cars on the track for quite a while and posting about it. I don't think I'd go there.
If you don't understand the refference to begin with don't "go there." It had nothing to do with Justin in any way shape or form.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
It really is. That's all we ever see out of you. Offer nothing to the forums. What little tech you might have offered at one time is all regurgitated from someone elses findings. Or the repeating the same thing from two years ago.

Load of shit. You know it and I know it. Search google for my username. Search the forums for my username. Plenty of folks email and PM on various forums and FB.

Unlike you I have no vested interest in this so I am not spamming every forced induction thread all over the forums trying to push my product or gain exposure. You have been slapped multiple times on svtp doing it. Stop shitting up everyone's threads that have nothing to do with you.

Don't try to bring another name into your drowning arguement. Yes you're resting on your laurels. You keep going to the track but what is different now than 2 years ago? Nothing. You're not running any faster or gaining new info. Again the only reason you show up on any forum is to run your jib. Bad mouthing just about any vendor in sight or talking shit to people who pay to have their parts installed. You some how think you're special you bolt on the parts you don't have the knowledge to make. Go back to data logging or weighing kmembers

More bullshit spews. I ran 10.87 January of this year and have run my best 1/8th mile just last month. I have been doing testing with the CJ intake comparing with my Boss setup since August. In your tiny mind that all adds up to 2 years of no progress. Makes sense. Hell I even stepped away from my car to help kdanner's with his the past few months. I guess it magically ran 10.40's on it's own.

Making your own parts makes you special? Hmmm.... You know since the CJ intake released, there are very few CAI options available. I had the thought of mating an Airaid 2010 GT intake tube on my car. No one else came up with this idea. I spent 8 hours modifying the tube to work and work it did. When the FRPP prototype tube was available, I sold it to a member of the community. Of course I know nothing and do no prototyping of my own.

Who's complaining? I made a joke about myself because I thought it was funny. I'd have to give to squirts of piss about your opinion before complaining. I'm feeding my baby so I LITERALLY have nothing better to do than reply to you lol.
You're "the bad guy" because if it wasn't for shit falking, you would have nothing to post about.
Spend more time with your family and less time creating hype. It really isn't helping you out and you are too pig headed to realize it.

Stating the truth isn't always popular and obviously you don't like it. My suggestion to you is go produce tangible, respectable results. All the hype is old.

What does your car run? It is not in the video.
Edit: I see it in the other videos.

Best to date:
1/8 - 6.88
1/4 - 10.87
MPH - 126

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back