Vortech 3V H.O. kit: any weak components?

AHaze

Reaction score
My '05 GT is about to get a Vortech Si trim and liquid to air charge cooler (the "all inclusive" kit, not the tuner kit). This car is primarily a weekend cruiser but it does see WOT on a regular basis and I may just take it to the strip occasionally after the blower goes on.
I read through the installation instructions and did all the Google Fu I could handle. I'm still concerned that piggybacking the stock fuel pump with the additional Walbro could be problematic, especially on a single FPDM. Has anyone had this setup fail on them? I plan to do the FPDM wiring / relay upgrade but can't help thinking that isn't enough to keep the module alive long term.
The plastic bypass valve seems to be the cause of some complaints and obviously, the supplied tune is pretty conservative but those are easy to upgrade later. Is there anything else in this kit that has proven to be problematic?

forum member
Reaction score
It's good to see people still adding power to a 3v. Sadly, I can not help with your question. I see that Brenspeed sells Vortech. I would give them a call with your question. It looks like they sell their kits with a BAP.

maldoj2

Reaction score
hi i have a paxton 2200 on my car since 2006 and a B.A.P with no problem

AHaze

Reaction score
It's good to see people still adding power to a 3v. Sadly, I can not help with your question. I see that Brenspeed sells Vortech. I would give them a call with your question. It looks like they sell their kits with a BAP.
To be perfectly honest, I was ready to sell my 3V. Taking it past basic bolt ons simply didn't present a favorable cost/benefit ratio IMO. Then I found this Vortech kit new in the box for nearly half price.

hi i have a paxton 2200 on my car since 2006 and a B.A.P with no problem

That's good info, thanks. I've had my doubts about the durability of the BAP setup so I didn't really consider it as an option.

forum member
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest, I was ready to sell my 3V. Taking it past basic bolt ons simply didn't present a favorable cost/benefit ratio IMO. Then I found this Vortech kit new in the box for nearly half price.

That's good info, thanks. I've had my doubts about the durability of the BAP setup so I didn't really consider it as an option.

I used a BAP for a few years before switching to a GT500 fuel pump module. I had no issues with it. I still have it and don't use it. PM me if you have an interest in taking it off of my hands.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back