Vortech Pulley Question

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Is that some sort of intentionally applied texture? I've seen pulleys with slots cut across the groves, I could see those being harder on belts too.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
That looks like the Carbinite coating. I had a Procharger pulley done, but never got to put a lot of miles on it. It's currently being used to over spin a P1SC by about 10k rpm with no issues though. It doesn't chew up the belt.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
It's currently being used to over spin a P1SC by about 10k rpm with no issues though. It doesn't chew up the belt.

Thanks. Now that you've mentioned it, any idea on how much I can overspin a Vortech V2? I think it's rated at 50k. I'm going to use a waste-gate to limit boost but wanted more kick down low which means I'd be spinning it around 58k with the pulley I've mentioned.

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. Now that you've mentioned it, any idea on how much I can overspin a Vortech V2? I think it's rated at 50k. I'm going to use a waste-gate to limit boost but wanted more kick down low which means I'd be spinning it around 58k with the pulley I've mentioned.

I have no idea. I have a V1 T trim set at 55k right now. That's what it's rated at. But I have heard of guys going 5 - 10k with no issues.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
That looks like the Carbinite coating. I had a Procharger pulley done, but never got to put a lot of miles on it. It's currently being used to over spin a P1SC by about 10k rpm with no issues though. It doesn't chew up the belt.

I sent my pulleys to carbinite racing http://www.carbiniteracing.com/ and had then coated when I ran my Vortech. The texture applied to the pulley was tough as nails and worked wonders for belt slip. For centri applications it really worked well with minimal additional belt wear.

2014_GT

Bowtie Bitch-Slapper
Reaction score
They charge $87 for the coating... not a bad deal. I think I'll go with an OEM Vortech pulley and get it coated. Thanks for the tip, man.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back