what did you do to fit 325/50/15's on your s197

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have had it in my plans to run MT 325/50/15 dr's on the rear of my car but when it came to fit them up it looks like they will hit on the shock. my wheels are greg welds 15x10's with a 6.5 bs. i know most people say that you need 7"s of bs to fit right so i figured these with the 6.5 should clear fine since they dont suck in as much. i have an aftermarket rear sway bar and it is no where near the wheel/tire like the stocker would be but it looks like the shocks will be a problem.anyone with a 15x10 wheel and or a 325/50/15 tire let me know what it took to make them fit.
thanks,
-Nick

05yellowgt

Reaction score
How close are they? I THINK, and stress the word think that some people have removed the rubber shock boot and cleared ok. Also with the 6.5 BS how in the heck are you not going to destroy your fender wells with the 28" tall tire? I assume that the wheels stick out at least 1/2" passed the wheel well.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
They fit on Bogarts just fine. Your BS is wrong, I guess a big spacer.

BillyWhite004.jpg

05yellowgt

Reaction score
A 6.5 BS should move the wheel farther from the shock though shouldn't it? Maybe it is because a Bogart is really closer to 9.75" width than an actual 10" like he is running.

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
A 6.5 BS should move the wheel farther from the shock though shouldn't it? Maybe it is because a Bogart is really closer to 9.75" width than an actual 10" like he is running.

These are a full 10" on this car. We actually have about 3 sets of 15x11's that Bogart has done for us and they fit perfect. We have 15x11's on Justin's car and we've had 325/50/15's all the way to 30x12.50x15 ET Streets with zero clearence issues.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
Good to know, thanks For the info Tommy. I'm wanting to run the 325/50/15's as street/track tires when I finally pony up to the Weld RT's I want.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
A 15x10 will fit like Tommy said.....I have pics in this thread with a 15x10 Draglite with 7.5" backspace on my car......they have 275/60's on them, BUT, I did have 325/50's under mine with no issues....of course the sway bar relocated.....

GI Joe

Reaction score
I have had it in my plans to run MT 325/50/15 dr's on the rear of my car but when it came to fit them up it looks like they will hit on the shock. my wheels are greg welds 15x10's with a 6.5 bs. i know most people say that you need 7"s of bs to fit right so i figured these with the 6.5 should clear fine since they dont suck in as much. i have an aftermarket rear sway bar and it is no where near the wheel/tire like the stocker would be but it looks like the shocks will be a problem.anyone with a 15x10 wheel and or a 325/50/15 tire let me know what it took to make them fit.
thanks,
-Nick

They are not going to rub on the inside but they are going to stick out 1 1/2 to 2" on each side with that wheel. You are not going to be happy!
Here is a pic from the rear of a Bogart 15X10 with a 7.5" B/S From the rear you can see that these are not exactly tucked. Add an inch to that. Sure they look fine from the side as in the last pic of my car, but some side views tell a different story. I just went to a 10.5" Bogart wheel. Thought about an 11" as Tommy mentioned. I added the full 1/2" on the backside to pull the tire down and in some. So they will be 15X10.5 with 7.75" B/S.
I wanted you to see these pics becvase while livable on the 7.5" BS ( even though I'm looking to improve it a bit), I dont think its going to be what you want on a 6.5" or even 7" for that matter. If I remember you car is lowered. Mine is lowered on 1" in the rear...but look at the lauch pic here and see how close the fender comes to the tire. It never rubs, but it has some extra room because the fender comes donw right where the rounded edge of the tire is located. If it stuck out another 1" as with a 6.5" B/S it would surely hit on the flat surface of the tire.
Not what you wanted to hear.....but I think it would be a bad move...IMO
Dave

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back