what fuse will kill power to the fuel level sending unit?

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
i need to kill power to the gas gauge. does anyone know what fuse i can pull to effectively disable my fuel gauge or fuel level sending unit? also, other than not knowing how much gas there is persey are there any adverse effects to this? i only need to drive a short distance like this. once plugged back in, will i need to do a reset of some form or will everything level out so to speak?

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
There are only about 4 useful pages in the owner's manual but one of them has this information.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Its not a fused power circuit. Its just data read via the resistance of the circuit by the pcm. What are you trying to do?

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
not an issue persey. the car will be in a large indoor autoshow. when i put the car up for storage i didnt think id be a part of it. now that ive been invited i was told that the car needs an 1/8th tank of gas or lower, meanwhile it has a full tank. i dont have a tool to siphon it out, im not looking to drop the tank, and id really hate to let it idle for hours.

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
not an issue persey. the car will be in a large indoor autoshow. when i put the car up for storage i didnt think id be a part of it. now that ive been invited i was told that the car needs an 1/8th tank of gas or lower, meanwhile it has a full tank. i dont have a tool to siphon it out, im not looking to drop the tank, and id really hate to let it idle for hours.

Time for a road trip come down to nc and drive the dragon

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
could try disconnecting the fuel line from the rail, and put it into a bucket and key on/off so the pump keeps priming and eventually empties? hah

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
You'll need a couple buckets if the tank is full.

And "oh no he may get it dirty{/sarcasm}"

There. Easier to read :p

v8venomgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I'm assuming it isn't just as feasible to kill power to the gauge cluster? Monitoring speed/rpm won't be important in this scenario.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back