What hangers do i use for dual conversion?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Stock hangers. All 4 are the same. You have 2 on your stock v6 muffler; you need 2 more like it for the driver side.

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
AM has them on sale this month for 34.99 i believe. jump on that they usually run a lil of 50 i think.

Infamous05

forum member
Reaction score
Hell I think I have an extra set laying around here somewhere. I'll see if I do. If I do you can just have them. Pick up the shipping and they are your's

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
The stainless ones from AM are pretty nice. I got 2 sets just to get ready for my dual swap.

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
i ordered one set.. figured that i should be fine for the right side? isnt it going to be the same type of hangers? and how much should i expect to cost the install of the H pipe and the gt take off mufflers?

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
True, you don't need 2 sets because the passenger v6 hangers are the same, but I don't like rusty stuff. When I put my polished s.s. mufflers on, I don't want anything back there rusting. BTW, there are places that are selling the Pypes s.s. piping from the h-pipes to the mufflers for $150 pair.

dream07

forum member
Reaction score
stainless steel, it's 409, which doesn't shine like 304, but it doesn't rust through.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size bolt for the hanger to frame?

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what size bolt for the hanger to frame?
its been too long for me, just dont remember. a wild guess maybe 5/16. but even though the holes for the hangers are in the frame, they are not threaded. i ran a tap in mine, other wise, tapping bolts would work too. but you`ll have to do one or the other :crazy:

06LimeGT

forum member
Reaction score
its been too long for me, just dont remember. a wild guess maybe 5/16. but even though the holes for the hangers are in the frame, they are not threaded. i ran a tap in mine, other wise, tapping bolts would work too. but you`ll have to do one or the other :crazy:

i have some extra bolts for the hangers. how many does he need?

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
so i just want to say thanks to everyone this setup sounds a freaking mazing.... i love the new sound thanks for your help everyone

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back