What's it worth? OEM HIDs

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
I just had to have my drivers side HID replaced due to a wreck, and the itemized $4K+ bill I received had a replacement 08 GT500 HID light listed for $1100. $525 might have been the option price, but what's the option price for the Recaros that have a $3000 FRPP price tag. Might have been where OP got his figures.

I've seen the complete OEM HID conversion kit for under $900 new including a pair of OEM Ford headlights, ballasts, bulbs, and wiring harnesses. Its not those cheap illegal HID conversions, but all OEM parts. Its hard to believe one headlight assembly costs more than the conversion kit that uses all OEM parts.

twisted_GT500

forum member
Reaction score
I've seen the complete OEM HID conversion kit for under $900 new including a pair of OEM Ford headlights, ballasts, bulbs, and wiring harnesses. Its not those cheap illegal HID conversions, but all OEM parts. Its hard to believe one headlight assembly costs more than the conversion kit that uses all OEM parts.

Don't get me wrong, I've never looked into it myself. Car came factory with HIDs, and insurance company payed the bill. That's just what it had on the receipt I received. I'll try to scan a copy and post it here.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Got any sort of link to this? I kind of find it hard to believe.

08 Vapor

forum member
Reaction score
My set will be available tomorrow, or the latest Monday. If anyone is interested, please PM me.

Chris B.

forum member
Reaction score
Got any sort of link to this? I kind of find it hard to believe.

Both Saleen or Steeda had it on their web page from fall of 2008 until recently. They were listed as having a MSRP of $999.99 and selling price of $899.99. Every couple months I'd go back and look at it hoping to find it on sale.

It looks like its out of stock on Steeda's page now. Here is an older article about the kit:
http://www.themustangnews.com/tech_08/st-0208_steeda201.htm

Saleen has them listed, but no photos of the kit.
http://www.smssuperparts.com/product_p/10-1202-b11324.htm

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back