Skinny tires

Race seats
Remove foglights

For auto-x? :shirlock:

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The full Griggs suspension claims to remove so much weight from the front suspension that it creates a 50/50 bias. Any truth to that?

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
No I wouldn't do that stuff for autocross, but I also wouldn't do a 600 hp supercharger setup for autocross. :)

Auto X is to pass the time not going for gold haha and about a month from now it will be turbo.... All in all this thread was basically for the information if anyone has even tried. My personal car might one day go full track, But until then im just keeping my car full weight and seeing if i can move some weight around to help it corner.

Overtorqued

Reaction score
The full Griggs suspension claims to remove so much weight from the front suspension that it creates a 50/50 bias. Any truth to that?

Just as an example: If the car starts at 3500 lbs with 55/45 weight distribution, and all you did was trim weight off the front of the car centered around the front axle centerline...you'd have to remove about 350 lbs to get to 50/50. Every car is different so it could take more or less.

So, does that suspension take that much weight out? I have no idea, but I doubt it (that's a lot of weight to lose, and it's a HUGE amount to lose in just the front suspension). Maybe other changes in that setup add weight to rear? That would mean less has to be lost up front to get to 50/50. Maybe they have a race or track car with that setup that is 50/50, but in that case I don't think it's just from bolting on the suspension package (there are other large modifications involved).

ETA: Maybe I'm misunderstanding what was meant by "full suspension". If that term includes brakes, k-member, etc, etc up front, then I'd say it's possible. I don't normally consider all that other stuff as "suspension", but in the context of the Griggs package I see the point in including it.

Last edited:

KillrStang

Texas Grown
Reaction score
Yea there setup is the whole front end really. Sla suspension, a k member with a rad support built in and much more. I have always been skeptical as they claim to remove 300 plus from the front.

foolio2k4

forum member
Reaction score
I think what they do is remove a bit of weight off the front then add more towards the rear with the torque arm and watts linkage.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think what they do is remove a bit of weight off the front then add more towards the rear with the torque arm and watts linkage.

This is what they do. The Watts link adds some weight at the year, and they remove a lot of weight at the front.

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk.

RolloTomassi

forum member
Reaction score
Often overlooked is the windshield wiper fluid tank.

Weighs a decent amount full and sits near the nose.

DSC05620.JPG

Memphis

I Aim to Misbehave
Reaction score
Speedhunters recently mentioned one of the Falken drift mustangs, relocating the radiator to the trunk for weight distribution. Don't know how though. Interesting idea, but I would be afraid of having that much extra coolant hose and especially under the car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back