Wheel offset? too aggresive?

OMG JDM

Reaction score
Hey guys i was shopping around for a set of deep dish staggered bullitt wheels and came across a set from "oe wheels". The finish looks great as is the price but the offset is +24 in the front and +22 in the rear (size is 18x9/10). I didnt think too much of it, but when i look on american muscles website i noticed the offsets are much higher for s197 fitment. Does anyone know if this offset is too aggresive? or will they fit? and input greatly apprecaited! :hi:

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run a 95 cobra r wheel. it has a 24mm off set and I think it fits perfect on my car. keep in mind this is 17x9 not 18x10 I think it may be a bit much on the back. should for sure be out on the edge of the fender in the rear.

OMG JDM

Reaction score
^^ yes, id like it to be right about towards the edge, i just dont want them to stick out and look retarded. ya know?

Leo_06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I run a 95 cobra r wheel. it has a 24mm off set and I think it fits perfect on my car. keep in mind this is 17x9 not 18x10 I think it may be a bit much on the back. should for sure be out on the edge of the fender in the rear.

Can you please post a pic.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
355076556.jpg

This is all I have on my office computer.

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of wheels and the are +40 offset with a 305 tire on the rear and the tire still sticks out of the fender in the rear way too much for my likeing (around 3/8") I am reodering some wheels and im looking at a minimum of somewhere around +50 offset with a little more backspaceing than what I have so I guess it depends on how wide of a tire that you want also. I dont know if this helps any but It has been an expensive headache for me so far.

Shawn

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just received my STEEDA Spyder wheels and they fit perfect in the rear with a 305 drag radial that will tuck right up in the fender without hitting! It is an 11" wheel with +59 offset.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I have 18 x 9 26mm offset wheels with 275-40's all around, im lowered with 1" F & 1.25" Steeda Sport springs, ive taken the car Autocross racing many times since i put these wheels on and i have ZERO rubbing issues. I think it looks really bad ass and i get great reactions from people at shows but the look is not for everyone.

24mm with a 305 may pushing it though but i guess you can have your fender rolled if your set on using that width in the rear.

Attachments

• MoStang_Water_tower_worms_eye.jpg
    MoStang_Water_tower_worms_eye.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 30
  • MoStang_Rear_Right.jpg
    MoStang_Rear_Right.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 42

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back