Which new motor and tranny mounts

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
Figure I’ll put new motor and tranny mounts on it….stock the way to go? I’ve looked at the Prothane Urethane mounts but have also seem people say they allow a lot of movement from motor & tranny that you feel in the car. Got the motor out yest, trannys coming out today with rest of evap crap. Found pieces of the timing chain guides in pickup and oil pan

101E3936-14C8-4A56-943F-A9F142E4830B.jpeg

836FE27A-FD89-4D81-A8D8-33032D1E40C4.jpeg

74396E09-8C63-425F-BE1B-724B1B4E268D.jpeg

92C14BC0-5A5B-4B6F-BB17-61117E6A0637.jpeg

07 Boss

Reaction score
I forgot where I got these but they were pretty solid. Only had to get rid of them when I swapped in the BMR K-Member.

AHaze

Reaction score
I've got the Prothane mounts which are what 07 Boss has pictured above. They don't allow movement, they restrict it. The side effect of that is they transfer sound and vibration instead of absorbing it like the stock mounts. I found the improvement in shift accuracy well worth the increase in NVH which I found almost imperceptible at anything over parking lot speeds.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
I forgot where I got these but they were pretty solid. Only had to get rid of them when I swapped in the BMR K-Member.

I’ll be running a BMR K-member….those just won’t work with them? Figment issues?

I've got the Prothane mounts which are what 07 Boss has pictured above. They don't allow movement, they restrict it. The side effect of that is they transfer sound and vibration instead of absorbing it like the stock mounts. I found the improvement in shift accuracy well worth the increase in NVH which I found almost imperceptible at anything over parking lot speeds.
I was going to buy a set of those from a guy on this forum. He said that when he cammed his car those type of mounts allowed to much vibration in the cab for him, which now that I think about it, that’s what you’re saying(?)….they’d transfer the vibration to the cab possibly? I guess I wouldn’t care if the car shook alittle from the cams but I don’t really want it to rock side to side, well…I wouldn’t care but the wife will already have enough to gripe about with the exhaust, stereo, BOV, gate….but I’m working on that lol
upload_2023-3-6_16-15-46.jpeg

07 Boss

Reaction score

That's right, Prothane Bullet mounts our something like that. Yep they are the closest you'll get to solid mounts. I liked them.

I’ll be running a BMR K-member….those just won’t work with them? Figment issues?

I was going to buy a set of those from a guy on this forum. He said that when he cammed his car those type of mounts allowed to much vibration in the cab for him, which now that I think about it, that’s what you’re saying(?)….they’d transfer the vibration to the cab possibly? I guess I wouldn’t care if the car shook alittle from the cams but I don’t really want it to rock side to side, well…I wouldn’t care but the wife will already have enough to gripe about with the exhaust, stereo, BOV, gate….but I’m working on that lol
View attachment 86075

Nah, those won't work with the BMR K-member. The mounts that come with the BMR unit are pretty stiff though and I have mine cranked down pretty hard. I believe BMR also makes adjustable ones that can adjust the height of the motor. I believe they acheive that with different size bushings so if you want you can put the minimum bushings in there and it ought to be pretty darn tight.

Hollowdweller

Reaction score
That's right, Prothane Bullet mounts our something like that. Yep they are the closest you'll get to solid mounts. I liked them.

Nah, those won't work with the BMR K-member. The mounts that come with the BMR unit are pretty stiff though and I have mine cranked down pretty hard. I believe BMR also makes adjustable ones that can adjust the height of the motor. I believe they acheive that with different size bushings so if you want you can put the minimum bushings in there and it ought to be pretty darn tight.
Guess I need to go back over all the stuff I’ve ordered. Looks like the Kmember kit I ordered comes with the mounts…thanks, you just saved me $80!!

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back