WHICH TIRE WOULD YOU CHOOSE OF THESE FEW CHOICES? Any experience good or bad?

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Yes it did thanks for the input!

Well, it's kinda hard to say, because at the time, I was running 20's on a 'vert, lowered on Eibach Pro springs. So to be honest, the ride wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible either. Is that the fault of the Sumitomos, or the fact that I was running 20" wheels, or maybe the fact that I was lowered, or the fact that it was a vert? Hard to really say, but I am sure it was a combination of all factors. But I wouldn't put the blame of the "less than comfy ride" on the tires by any means.

Man, as far as mileage, if I threw a number out there it would be a totally wild guess, but I would say that they probably lasted around 30K-40K miles. Maybe more, but that would be a guess. I just remember thinking that the tires wore really well, because I was expecting to have to replace them a lot sooner than I did.

And I drove the car in pretty much all weather conditions, even had to drive it in the snow once, and I was pleased with the tire's performance in all seasons.

Hope this helps!

silverstang23

forum member
Reaction score
I don't have experience with anything other then the v12's, and IMO they are junk. I would rather get a cheap pair of BFG's. You can't go wrong with any of those

BlackCDCStang

forum member
Reaction score
Decided to go with the Sumitomo HTR-Z III simply for the price (Paid $612 from local car audio store that a old buddy works at) and the fact that they are asymetrical so I can properly rotate them each oil change etc. Thanks for all the input guys! Now lets hope I made a decent decision. If not oh well lesson learned

28ONE

Reaction score
Decided to go with the Sumitomo HTR-Z III simply for the price (Paid $612 from local car audio store that a old buddy works at) and the fact that they are asymetrical so I can properly rotate them each oil change etc. Thanks for all the input guys! Now lets hope I made a decent decision. If not oh well lesson learned

Let me know how you like the HTRs, I'm looking to get tires in a couple of months.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Not listed, but I have been totally impressed with the Mickey Thompson Steet Comps I installed this spring.

I previously had the Hankook listed and the Pirellis that came on the car. Both were decent tires but wheel spin was terrible - even in warm/hot temperatures. The MTs ride fairly well - but most importantly for me - traction is amazing for a street tire.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I had the Hankook in 275/40/18 and really liked them. They drove fine in rain and were very quiet. They did tramline though.

KDW are good in every aspect except for noise, they are loud. Almost as loud as the F1 Goodyears.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
I've run the KDW2's on my car for the last two years. They do get noisy when about 2/3 worn. But in the summer here in Florida, you can't beat the traction and cornering for the price and longevity. You will skin them quick, though, if you do long burnouts like say, donuts.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back