Who all is out with the old

fhlh

Grabber? Don't Know Her!
Reaction score
Man, this is a good thread. I just couldn't resist coming back to bask in all the glory of the best looking Mustangs ever created...the 05-09 S197. I'm really starting to think about trading in my 2010 for a 2007 because mine's so ugly, and underpowered...thank God I don't have to ever see the rear end.

It's all personal opinion... don't be offended..

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's all personal opinion... don't be offended..
Do we care who gets offended? :hi:

All in good fun...hell, everyone has bad taste...that's why they make Chevys (for now).

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
oh hai

would you guys be offended if i say

terminator > s197

or

c5z06 > s197

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score

BBQBats

forum member
Reaction score
The 05-09 style is a great looking car. Ford had a a lot on their plate for the next gen. I was in a lucky position when I bought my 09 because i could choose which style I preferred, 09 or 10. If had known that the 2011 was gonna be a 5.0, I would've waited a year. Oh well, hindsight and all that. I love my car and don't regret it though. Its like computers and tv's. You'll never keep up unless you got a boatload of cash. I'm lucky enough to (barely) afford my mustang. I'll just be happy with what I got.

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
No, my bad. I think they've spent quite a bit of money to cheap out on the rods and pistons. But guess we'll have to wait and find out for sure.

What do you mean the last 2 digits? The "80"? What are those numbers supposed to mean?

I believe its around 9.5:1 but don't quote me on that, thats just what I've read somewhere

very crusty, around his anus region :moon:

Its all good though

http://media.ford.com/images/10031/2011_Mustang_GT_Specs.pdf

nope try 11.0:1 there big guy.... hell the 3V is 9.8:1... how the hell are they gonne get 112 more hp out of that with a lower compression and only a few more cubes without boost or revving to pluto? so once you lower the compression to be able to supercharg it or turbo it, its not gonna be any better than the current 3V

and its getting forged rods and cast pistons

it may have more power in stock form but its nothing special once you take mods into account... it may be a bolt on wonder though...

again. lower the compression for boosting and add better forged rods and forged pistons and what do you have... nothing more than whats in the current mustang except 1 more exhaust valve...

as it stands right now these things aren't even in stone...

i'm sure they are using forged rods do deal with that high compression at 7000 rpms...

so if they lower the compression there goes those nice forged rods... there goes some of that power...

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back