Whoops I'm new

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had many jobs...

Avionics tech, 3000 flight hours in the C-130, advised the Iraqi Air Force, advised the Afghan Army Air Corps, multiple deployments, not to mention the things that I won't mention...

iwaxmyjimmy

forum member
Reaction score
My first thought I had when I was considering joining up was to get into the helicopter maintenance side and have a job in the civilian world making good money. But the more I think about it the more I know I will get bored with it. I've gotten burnt out on working on cars for a living, so I'm sure after I work on them for a couple of years the same thing will happen. I'm and extremely fast learner, I soak up info like a sponge. I need something that will keep me on my toes and on the go all the time because I absolutely can not sit still with out getting bored. I'm in pretty good shape and continue to work out 5 days a week and I'm really shooting for a SF contract which will be an 18B contract and if I can't get it because of my less than perfect eye site I will go after a Ranger contract.
I know I can do great at one thing, but I feel as if my body is the correct instrument for doing this. I know I want it on a personal level to prove to myself what I'm made of and also to support my country to the fullest. Unlike alot of people I'm going to go where I feel my body and attitude will fit me best then joining some b/s job to get money for college because I can afford college right now if I want to go.

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, good luck to you. The biggest problem with picking such a long flow is realizing it isn't for you halfway through... don't give up on the idea of college or something else. I thought that I would be Navy through and through when I jioned... who would have known I would get my comission and wings and do all the stuff I have?

As far as eyesight and other stuff... it is easier to get a waiver after you are in than before...

iwaxmyjimmy

forum member
Reaction score
Well, good luck to you. The biggest problem with picking such a long flow is realizing it isn't for you halfway through... don't give up on the idea of college or something else. I thought that I would be Navy through and through when I jioned... who would have known I would get my comission and wings and do all the stuff I have?

As far as eyesight and other stuff... it is easier to get a waiver after you are in than before...

Thanks I appreciate it. I wrestled all through high school and I loved the fact when or lose it was me who decided the outcome and just how much of a challenge it was. I love very physcial activities, I'm and avid boater/runner/hiker/shooter(I don't hunt though). I'm not going that route because I think its cool, I am going that route because I feel I would further benefit my country because of my mindset and maturity level along with my wiliness to do what is asked and not have to throw my 2 cents in to the mix.

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Sweet man ! I am going in the AF in a month or so and looking to go to basic in march/2011

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
Salute all the Officers kids and check ID's?
051005-F-0000B-002.jpg

Herknav

Devil's Advocate
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If AFSC is Air Force Security Force then yes , I scored high enough to do whatever I want but I want to be a cop .

Air Force Specialty Code... it defines your job... I hold K12MB, Q12MB, and T12MB.

By the way, Security Forces IS a cop...

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Air Force Specialty Code... it defines your job... I hold K12MB, Q12MB, and T12MB.

By the way, Security Forces IS a cop...

Oh ok gota ya , ya i know it's a cop . Wanting to be one here in Rockwall when I get out . :beerdrink:

Surfstang2020

forum member
Reaction score
welcome to the site, good luck with the ranger thing i thought you had to be in a couple years to go for a special ops deal like that but I might be wrong, Im going into the coast guard the first of the year myself

HOLYWD

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
welcome to the site, good luck with the ranger thing i thought you had to be in a couple years to go for a special ops deal like that but I might be wrong, Im going into the coast guard the first of the year myself

Awesome , good plan man !

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
pageheadertext.imgsubtitle.png

Qualifications

To become part of the Army's Green Berets, you need to be mentally and physically tough, endure difficult training and face all challenges head-on. In addition to that, you must:
  • Be a male, age 20-30 (Special Forces positions are not open to women)
  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Be a high school diploma graduate
  • Achieve a General Technical score of 107 or higher and a combat operation score of 98 on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
  • Qualify for a secret security clearance.
  • Qualify and volunteer for Airborne training
  • Take Defense Language Aptitude Battery or Defense Language Proficiency Test
  • Achieve a minimum of 60 points on each event and overall minimum score of 229 on the Army Physical Fitness Test
  • Must successfully complete the Pre-Basic Task list
They did away with having to be an NCO

iwaxmyjimmy

forum member
Reaction score
pageheadertext.imgsubtitle.png

Qualifications

To become part of the Army's Green Berets, you need to be mentally and physically tough, endure difficult training and face all challenges head-on. In addition to that, you must:
  • Be a male, age 20-30 (Special Forces positions are not open to women)
  • Be a U.S. citizen
  • Be a high school diploma graduate
  • Achieve a General Technical score of 107 or higher and a combat operation score of 98 on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery.
  • Qualify for a secret security clearance.
  • Qualify and volunteer for Airborne training
  • Take Defense Language Aptitude Battery or Defense Language Proficiency Test
  • Achieve a minimum of 60 points on each event and overall minimum score of 229 on the Army Physical Fitness Test
  • Must successfully complete the Pre-Basic Task list
They did away with having to be an NCO

All the branches have made a fast track type contract to go spec ops. My PFT score is between 256-265 as of right now. I'm 5'7" 164lbs with 8% body fat. I can't sign for another 9wks and it can take up to 6 months for me to ship out. I am continuing to work out 5 days a week To sum it all up, I'm ready to jump outta air planes and be yelled at lol

Last edited:

5.0Shocker

Resident Bomb Tech
Reaction score
All the branches have made a fast track type contract to go spec ops. My PFT score is between 256-265 as of right now. I'm 5'7" 164lbs with 8% body fat. I can't sign for another 9wks and it can take up to 6 months for me to ship out. I am continuing to work out 5 days a week To sum it all up, I'm ready to jump outta air planes and be yelled at lol
Have you looked into
USAF PARARESCUE - That Others May Live
They are the best of the best, they do all kinds of awesome stuff. They rescue the Spec Ops guys if that tells you anything.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back