Will the studs be long enough with a 1/2 spacer , 15inch wheel?

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
Trying to find out if Stock Studs are long enough on a 07 GT if using a 1/2 spacer using either a Jeg Star or a Weld Star 15inch wheel.

I've only heard of two people so far that have used 1/2 spacer,

Chad05 from this site and SlvrS197 from this site.

Both have used 1/2 spacer w/ stock studs, can anyone else back up that the stock studs will be long enough?

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You would probably get mixed answers. If I am wrong correct me but I'm sure you could get say a weld prostar with a 1/2inch spacer on with long shank lugs but some might advise against that for safety/NHRA rules reasons. I just don't get why Weld won't just make a draglite/prostar that fits but I'm sure they would just jack the price up to the Bogart range anyway. I'm just saving my pennies for Bogarts.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Jegs seem to be similar to the old Weld XP series which cleared larger brakes. However I think they might be heavier than Weld tho, not sure if enough to worry about. And the center caps on Jegs look silly also, Weld has a cleaner looking wheel.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Dont know about the Weld prostars, but if they are like the Weld draglites, the hub area is very thick, more than 2", compared to the smaller thickness of other rims.

Here's a pic of some draglites on my '05, back wheel; the studs dont stick out at all.

(These are NOT the ProStars, so might not be the same.)

RearWheelStuds.jpg

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
If I don't get an answer on the prostar not fitting I'm going to buy a 15x3.5 for the front in 1.75 backspace and a 1/2 spacer and just see if it'll work I'm sure others would like to know. And I guess that'll answer wether or not the stock lugs will work. One question are these studs the same as previous mustangs 1/2 x 20rh??
I seen someone posted that they are 12mm x 1.50 rh

xtweakerx

Get SOME!
Reaction score
nah its cool, i would of gotten no replies if you didnt reply lol...

yeah i dont know what to do w/ the front rims, i know im doing jegs out back.. but yeah ive only had one person tell me the weld pro stars fit up front with 1/2 spacer on stock studs using Long shank lugnuts. sounds like u could also do the jegs up front w/ 1/2 spacer and not have to grind but it sounds like pretty much everyone running jegs up front w/ 3/8 spacer had to grind at least a litle bit.

Not sure which size lug nut to get though, im assuming the:
12mm x 1.50 RH Closed End Nuts

only other thing available is the:
1/2'' RH Open End Nuts

anyone know which is the proper lug nut?!?!?

when u ordering ??

Last edited:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
For a Weld wheel, you want the 1/2x20 shank style lugnuts with the washers.....

The Weld's that Texas posted in the pics is how the Weld's will bolt up.....But, that's why they use a shank style lugnut.....I believe they are 1 1/2" if I am not mistaken, I can go measure mine.....

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
Hey tweaker I think imma order 1 tonight and see if it'll work. On the front I think imma order a 1/2 and 7/16 spacer. I know it's not same but when I had my 94 I had 15x3.5 with 1.75 backspace and a 7/16 spacer and it fit perfect. So imma try. Couple different spacer see what's what. So are you'll saying weld prostars will not fit on the rear??

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Not sure on a Weld 15x8.....A 15x10 7.5 backspace will fit with A LOT of grinding....

Go-fast

forum member
Reaction score
When u say grind the calipers. How much material you have to remove??
Could u use a small spacer to clear the caliper?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back