Window switch wiring

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
Im finally putting a msd digital window switch in our 2011 5.0 auto with the NX plate kit, I have everything hooked up but dont know what wire I need to tie the white wire out of the window switch. Does anyone know what coil wire to tie into? I would like to get everything wrapped up before this weekend so I can take it down to rockingham and run in the civil wars.

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
Im finally putting a msd digital window switch in our 2011 5.0 auto with the NX plate kit, I have everything hooked up but dont know what wire I need to tie the white wire out of the window switch. Does anyone know what coil wire to tie into? I would like to get everything wrapped up before this weekend so I can take it down to rockingham and run in the civil wars.
ask rsktkr... he just put one on.

RSKtakR

Reaction score
I cant remember which wire I wired it to for sure right now Larry.. wasn't it the NON consistant wire on 7 and 8? I remember 1 wire was the same on the two. just forget which one I used, the car is at home and Im at work or I would look lol.

N20JUNKY

forum member
Reaction score
I cant remember which wire I wired it to for sure right now Larry.. wasn't it the NON consistant wire on 7 and 8? I remember 1 wire was the same on the two. just forget which one I used, the car is at home and Im at work or I would look lol.

Thanks for the info man!

stang1971

forum member
Reaction score
you can wire it to the fuel injectors or the coils.... each coil or injector has a common color wire and then each one has a different "other" wire... the wire thats the different color on all the other coils or injectors is ur "trigger" wire and thats the one you want..

bizaarhatch

Reaction score
Make sure you have a window switch that is set up for (COP) Coil on Plug. Wire it to any injector or coil. I was getting a "Dirty signal" from the coils, so I went of an injector! I bought a window switch that could be set to 4-6-8 cyl. That was a waste of $. So don't do that! lol

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back