Worthy of a Read

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
I received this book as a Christmas present (I asked for it). For anyone who has FI or has ever received a custom tune, it's definitely worthy of a read.

The book explains the theory and pratice of tuning any engine, but the focus is on domestics.

The author is a Ford OEM engineer who has performed hundreds of custom calibrations.

I don't see calibrating an engine to be a mysterious, complex process anymore, especially in the case of an engine using a MAF (speed density is a little more involved).

While I would never claim I am ready to do my own tuning, this book was an important first step in that direction.

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
I bought that book in NOV, great read, it gets pretty technical too. What i like is it Demystifies tuning but the more you learn about it the more you realize how difficult it is, to get right at least. Id love to tune my own car but the consequences of screwing up are too high, after reading this book i def dont feel like im anywhere near biegn able to pull it off.

Kaldar142

Reaction score
I have that book too, unfortunately i can never find the time to read it... i'm only on chapter 3 LOL

The book is very very very informative though, helps you understand how everything actually works

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I may have to pick it up. I wish they had it for the kindle.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back