wot switch

topgunn

forum member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what wire is the signal wire off the tps to hook up my wot to.I hooked it up to the yellow and white wire and the nitrous system pulses all the way down the track.

chopstix

Nitrous Tech
Reaction score
I'm trying to find out what wire is the signal wire off the tps to hook up my wot to.I hooked it up to the yellow and white wire and the nitrous system pulses all the way down the track.

what TPS activation switch are you using and how does it program?

08GT/CS

Reaction score

Mine never pulsed on a regular cycle, but would work intermittently. Zex technical hotline told me that the voltage at this location varies very slightly due to throttle body flutter, which can cause intermittent operation. They suggested that I sense the voltage at the pedal instead. Don't know if this is true because I left the wires as-is and reprogrammed the WOT switch with a .030" shim behind the pedal (output of 4.39 volts instead of 4.41 volts) and never had the problem again.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine never pulsed on a regular cycle, but would work intermittently. Zex technical hotline told me that the voltage at this location varies very slightly due to throttle body flutter, which can cause intermittent operation. They suggested that I sense the voltage at the pedal instead. Don't know if this is true because I left the wires as-is and reprogrammed the WOT switch with a .030" shim behind the pedal (output of 4.39 volts instead of 4.41 volts) and never had the problem again.

Could you elaborate a bit more about the shim and where you took the voltages?

08GT/CS

Reaction score
Could you elaborate a bit more about the shim and where you took the voltages?

I was measuring the voltage at the gray/white wire on the TPS switch (front of engine on passenger side). It was 4.41V when the pedal was held completely to the floor. So the nitrous WOT switch was programmed to activate the nitrous at ~4.41V (none of the companies could tell me the tolerance on this).

Due to the intermittent operation, I put a -030 piece of metal on the carpet where the bottom of the gas pedal hits the carpet first. When I did this and pressed the pedal to the metal shim, the voltage was 4.39V. When I re-programmed the nitrous WOT switch, it then activated at 4.39V, but was probably seeing 4.41V. There might be an easier way, but I wanted to make sure I minimized the voltage difference so that the nitrous wasn't activating too far away from WOT (two of the nitrous companies told me anything greater than 75% of WOT would not be detrimental, but I wanted it as close as possible to be safe). It worked for me and I haven't had any engine/nitrous problems. I'm not a nitrous expert though.

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was measuring the voltage at the gray/white wire on the TPS switch (front of engine on passenger side). It was 4.41V when the pedal was held completely to the floor. So the nitrous WOT switch was programmed to activate the nitrous at ~4.41V (none of the companies could tell me the tolerance on this).

Due to the intermittent operation, I put a -030 piece of metal on the carpet where the bottom of the gas pedal hits the carpet first. When I did this and pressed the pedal to the metal shim, the voltage was 4.39V. When I re-programmed the nitrous WOT switch, it then activated at 4.39V, but was probably seeing 4.41V. There might be an easier way, but I wanted to make sure I minimized the voltage difference so that the nitrous wasn't activating too far away from WOT (two of the nitrous companies told me anything greater than 75% of WOT would not be detrimental, but I wanted it as close as possible to be safe). It worked for me and I haven't had any engine/nitrous problems. I'm not a nitrous expert though.

What brand WOT switch do you have and how do you program it from a voltage standpoint? I always thought that you set it for a particular RPM?

I have the ZEX window switch, but I'm in the process of going away from the ZEX kit for something a bit more 'custom' and am not sure what brand to go with. I've heard that the ZEX switch is finicky if you don't use the ZEX nmu, which I won't be using.

08GT/CS

Reaction score
What brand WOT switch do you have and how do you program it from a voltage standpoint? I always thought that you set it for a particular RPM?

The WOT switch I have is Wilson Manifolds Pro-Flow (http://www.wilsonmanifolds.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=36). It doesn't set RPM limits, its only function is keep the nitrous from activating until the TPS sensor thinks it's at WOT. To program it:
  • Ensure nitrous bottle is closed
  • Remove power wire to fuel solenoid so fuel doesn't enter engine during programming.
  • Turn ignition on, but do not start engine.
  • Turn nitrous arming switch on
  • Depress and release black button on top of WOT switch. The WOT light should become solid red (signifies learning mode - learns the TPS voltage curve as you depress the gas pedal)
  • Depress gas pedal to floor, hold for 10 sec, then release
  • Check WOT light. Should be flashing red-green-off
  • Turn arming switch off, then back on
  • Check WOT light. Should be steady green
  • Connect wire to fuel solenoid

I have the ZEX window switch, but I'm in the process of going away from the ZEX kit for something a bit more 'custom' and am not sure what brand to go with. I've heard that the ZEX switch is finicky if you don't use the ZEX nmu, which I won't be using.

I have the MSD digital window switch (http://www.jegs.com/i/MSD/121/8969/10002/-1) and I've heard good and bad about it. But it works well for me. The window switch is used to set the RPM limits.

topgunn

forum member
Reaction score
I am using the nos brand wot switch,I connected the yellow/white wire which is the signal 2 wire.I assume that it suppose to be connected to the signal 1 wire.Thanks to bbr racing for the info.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back