Young Punk Build Volume III "Title Shot"

dysan

Dis-Member
Reaction score
That's great! Can't wait to see what the car runs.

I can't believe the spec is slipping though. If I remember your picture and post it's the Spec 3 puck style, no experience with that one but my spec 3+ has been working like a champ which is a full faces style.

Run that BIATCH!!!!

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good stuff Matt, congrats! I too am surprised about the Spec 3 clutch slipping. My buddy has a spec 2 clutch in his 96 mustang that makes 600HP and 550TQ and he doesn't have slippage.

05yellowgt

Reaction score
When the clutch line broke did fluid get all over the clutch disc? There is no good reason that the spec should be slipping at that power

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was slipping before the slave cylinder came apart, the second day it just got worse.

Racingtheburg

forum member
Reaction score
Just got off the dyno.... My spec clutch was actually slipping above 5500 so the stock clutch went back in and this thing pulled to 7000 no problem. Made 398 hp sae at the tire with 350 trq average was 395ish. There is a small dip in the air fuel I will post the graphs tomorrow . It made 404 hp std. I'm very pleased and pretty tired so I will post videos tomorrow! I still have to keep learning the sct software It doesn't happen over night lol...

Thanks to all the people that helped me out along the way
Thats wild. I was on the street with street tire's dumped the clutch because some old fart pissed me off and my stock clutch didn't like that at all. From there on it felt like it was slipping and smelled. I put in a Spec II and the only thing I have is a little chatter taking off in first if I don't give it enough gas.

Good luck on the tune!

400 easy for you! :beerdrink:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Embed never works for me -_- You see my shift light come on and stay on... that light comes on at 6000 lol so yea 7000 is sweet :)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The embed isn't working for me either right now as I tried to embed your video. I did see the shift light though, looks like your going to have to change that.

aleborjas

forum member
Reaction score
That's great! Can't wait to see what the car runs.

I can't believe the spec is slipping though. If I remember your picture and post it's the Spec 3 puck style, no experience with that one but my spec 3+ has been working like a champ which is a full faces style.

Run that BIATCH!!!!

i've had 3 bad experiense with specs on 05-up they slip and there is no way to powershift at high rpm's and centerforce is the same crap

i've tried few brands and the BEST one for single disc is EXEDY they hold power and you can shift at any rpm's you want W/O lifting the gas off...

FastOrange

forum member
Reaction score
i've had 3 bad experiense with specs on 05-up they slip and there is no way to powershift at high rpm's and centerforce is the same crap

i've tried few brands and the BEST one for single disc is EXEDY they hold power and you can shift at any rpm's you want W/O lifting the gas off...

What he said.... I twisted the input shaft on a 6060 before a single disc RAM gave up on me.

waketek516

Pedal to the Metal!
Reaction score
Hey Matt,

What did it make before all the new work? Just curious how much you picked up. The car sounds like a monster!

-Tommy

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Made 326 before (last year was the last time I dynoed it). It has been 50% humditity here the last 2 days so it will make more in better weather. Im going to the track next saturday so forget the dyno numbers, the real fun begins :thumb2:

Last edited:

Lucrettert

Reaction score
Made 326 before (last year was the last time I dynoed it). It has been 50% humditity here the last 2 days so it will make more in better weather. Im going to the track next saturday so forget the dyno numbers, the real fun begins :thumb2:
What track are you planning on heading to next saturday? I would love to see this thing go lol :beerchug2:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back