zex nitrous solenoid problems

TungstenGT

forum member
Reaction score
I have a zex wet kit on my 06 gt.
It seems to be working whenever it wants to now. It used to work perfect eveytimes, but lately it will work great one minute, then go to hit it again and very little nitrous comes out of the solenoid. I have a 12ga wire running from the battery, through a new 20amp rated switch, to the solenoid. The power only drops from 12.5 volts, to 11.8ish when hit. The ground is ran to the shock tower, has a star washer thing, paints been sanded off etc.
I thought it was the zex box so i replaced it with a new one, same thing.
Its driving me crazy! It used to work so good!
Any suggestions before i go with traditional solenoids?

Stage1

forum member
Reaction score
I have had a few friends that have problems with those zex control boxes. Switch over to solenoids and save yourself the headaches..

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
another vote to switch noids....but on a side note voltage drop and load test all of your circuits to eliminate issues there

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Solder all the connections? Shrink tube? Sounds like broken or weak connections. Water get to them? Have to look at all these possibilities.

BIGCHRISS197

Honda Hunter
Reaction score
The nmu box is a pos, myself and NUTCASE both had issues with the nmu boxes, the solenoids are tiny and prone to failure which is a scary thought should the fuel solenoid decide to take a shit, I've heard good things about the nitrous express kit and you be able put solenoids in place of the box

Sprayin Blue 3V

forum member
Reaction score
Curious why you're running the entire load of the solenoids through a switch. That's what a relay is for.

If you have a multimeter, measure volts across the switch terminals. The reading will tell you how many volts the switch is dropping (or "using.") You want that number to be very low.

Only reason I say this is because I've seen switches fail when they are used handle the large amp draw of solenoids (yes, even if they are rated to handle it). I always use relays to activate solenoids, and generally don't have problems (but I tend to stay very far away from ZEX as well.)

then go to hit it again and very little nitrous comes out of the solenoid.

Also, what exactly do you mean by this and how are you testing it?

At first it sounded electrical, but that sentence almost makes it sound like the solenoid is opening, but no nitrous. Which could mean other things.

Last edited:

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
^ With the amperage that some solinoids draw theres no way i'd wire it with out a relay

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back