Zex nitrous wiring

BACKINBBLACK05

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone with a Zex kit with some wiring advice? For the NMU, if I'm not using the powerpoint connector, (used kit doesn't have one)where shoud I tap into a switched 12V source for the NMU power? And where should I get the tach signal from for the window switch? I think I heard that an injector wire signal is more stable than others. Thanks to anyone who could help. I hate wiring!

VanWilder

forum member
Reaction score
I dont have the answer but am needing it for the same reason...bought a used kit as well and dont have the original supplied wiring

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
Anyone with a Zex kit with some wiring advice? For the NMU, if I'm not using the powerpoint connector, (used kit doesn't have one)where shoud I tap into a switched 12V source for the NMU power? And where should I get the tach signal from for the window switch? I think I heard that an injector wire signal is more stable than others. Thanks to anyone who could help. I hate wiring!

When I wire up an NMU, I usually always tap into a Ignition switched 12v power source, to a switch, be it a window or WOT switch, and from the switch to the NMU. However you want to do it... ie manual activation, WOT switch, RPM switch, boost activated switch, is up to you.

And a good start for an RPM signal would be the signal wire at the COPs.

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
From the switch hooked up a 12vdc Hot wire to the 12VDC Accessory hot wire behind the dash. You can take the ground wire to a grnd point by the CAI for the NMU. As for the tach signal, I used the green wire on front driver COP which I think is the number one cylinder.

Or, try the ZEX website. They usually have wiring detail pdf's.
http://www.zex.com/Instructions/Files/ZEX153.pdf

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back